Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BB Logging - Missing Data ?

Default BB Logging - Missing Data ?

I logged Idle PIDs this morning and watched as the ECT went to 174 F on the dash and the BB V2. I then changed my PIDs and took a 10 minute drive. When I downloaded both files using EE, I was surprised to see that the ECT in the first file only went to 138 F. The second file looks long enough for the drive that I took.

I was disappointed because I was logging for RAFIG during the first log and did not get all the data that I expected.

Any ideas what might have caused this?

I had similar behavior and it was caused by my SD card. I drove for an hour and should have got some sweet AutoVE data.. but no. :(

My SD wiggles in the slot and looses connection now. It didnt before... but I think wear and tear has weakened the spring loaded contacts inside my V2. I proved it by wiggling the card and watching the display of the V2. It would read "SD" then "XX" then back to "SD". I put two little 1cm square pieces of electrical tape on the label side of the SD card and it is fixed.

Give it a try. There is another thread about the SD card fitment problem.

Good luck bro.

2002 WS6, All-Lunati 383 Strok'r @11:1, Cartek Heads, Keith/Ross Racing Custom Cam, Victor Jr., 492whp 457wtq,
    Cartek Clutch, 9" Moser w/4.11's, 35 spline Detroit Locker, QA1's, NX, BMR, Tuned w/ EFILive V2 Black Box Logging
    Check Out My Latest Tune File: HERE

Had a similar problem this weekend ... anyway, I noticed while I was still on the road that the frame counter wouldn't count up anymore ... didn't have the LEDs set to status then, so I changed that back ... of course, the rest of the drive time it worked again (without having touched the SD card, which, incidently, has not been removed since I inserted it, so there shouldn't be any wear&tear) ... "luckily", on the next part of the cruise, I once again noticed it stopped logging, shortly after starting - again, frame not counting, and no blinking LED ...
    On all occasions, FS was fully responsive, I was able to scroll through the current data, which also still updated IIRC ... on the last three logs (where the middle one failed) I also had debugging enabled ...
    Another thing I just noticed on checking the logged files ... I know that on the first "hung" counter was somewhere around 1000+ frames - whereas the logg file only contains 114 frames ...
    On the middle of the last two loggs, I have a 2k logg file, but FS reports 11k frames Anyway, I've attached the logg and efx file ...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Three things to look out for:

1. Pressing the Ok button will pause logging while continuing to display real time data on the LCD screen. So if you accidentally press Ok you may not realize that logging is paused.

2. Disconnecting power from FlashScan without first stopping the log by pressing Cancel will cause data to be lost. It has the exact same effect as removing a disk from a disk drive (remember them?) while a PC is writing to the disk.

3. If the flash memory's FAT32 file system is damaged, then error can occur while writing to the flash memory. I recommend re-formatting the target file system (internal memory or SD card) if ever there is a data problem during logging. Obviously that will erase all log files so you should copy off any log files you want to save first.

It would be an interesting experiment to run scan disk or a similar program on your SD card if you suspect data is not being saved correctly. It may show up any faults in the FAT32 file system structure.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    Anyway, I've attached the logg and efx file ...
    Hi Gary,

I can't download the attachment, can you please email me the files (paul@efilive.com), thanks Paul.

Thanks, I received the file.

I've gone over the log file and the data looks normal and correct to me.
    Has it happened again, since then?

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Three things to look out for:

1. Pressing the Ok button will pause logging while continuing to display real time data on the LCD screen. So if you accidentally press Ok you may not realize that logging is paused.

Regards
    Paul
    Is there any indication if you are paused or recording? I assume if the blue light is flashing its recording, and if not its not recording.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Doe View Post
    Is there any indication if you are paused or recording? I assume if the blue light is flashing its recording, and if not its not recording.
    Yes, the green LED on the left will be illuminated when displaying and recording data (i.e. logging) and it will be flashing when displaying data but not recording (i.e. paused).

Also, as you pointed out, the blue LED will not come on while logging is paused.

Regards
    Paul

On my drive to the track next weekend I will try and see if it happens again ... have updated to the current release of the FS OS, and will be formatting the SD card just to make sure it's nothing on the card ...

Well, having re-formated the SD, I again ran into some logging problems ... on my way to the track, it stopped logging two or three times relatively quickly (couple hundred of logged data sets), and no, it wasn't paused ... after restarting, every time, it ended up logging 2+ hours of driving flawlessly again ...
    At the track, most of the BB logging worked, except for one run (which again stopped after couple dozens of data sets).

I guess I will try with a different card to rule that out ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast