Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I get P1336 to go away?

Lifetime Member

Default How do I get P1336 to go away?

I just installed my old 383 in a guys car. I basicaly coppied my tune to his computer and fired the car right up. But now I have the p1336 code all the time. Crank positioning learn. How do I get rid of it? I did a search and the only thing I could find was a guy saying he did a relearn. How do I do that? Any help would be great. The guy is coming to pick up his car and I need it to be right.

See post #20: showthread.php?t=3261&highlight=CASE+relearn
    See post #2: showthread.php?t=8976&highlight=CASE+relearn

Must have engine warmed up and idling, brake pedal applied, and if A4 then in P/N.

Lifetime Member

Thanks bro. I will try that and see what happens.

Lifetime Member

Okay. I followed the directions to the T and it won't relearn. Now what? I know it is hooked up. Could the sensor be bad some how in the day it took me to do the swap? I must be missing something. I tried it about 10 times. I did not however figure out what Case or DVT were like stated in post 2. I just found the icon on the tool bar as described in post 22. Was I useing the wrong one? I am completely frustrated and had to give a customer back his car with it not being perfect. I never do that. Also, what are the effects of this thing if I can't get it to relearn? What exactly does it do? Thanks in advance and sorry for not being able to get this thing done on my own.

Brett

Lifetime Member

Depends on what version of EFILive you are running. Download the latest version and then use the F12 "DVT" tab to perform the CASE.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Newer software says DVT, older softer says BiDir or something... CASE relearn works on both;

Is this F-body...? What year...?

Were requirements met:
    - ECT has to be in warm-hot range (scantool indicates min value);
    - P/N if A4, clutch pedal down if M6;
    - brake pedal transitioned to applied just before starting relearn (may or may not not matter);
    - certain other DTC's must be clear (I have too look up which ones);
    - starting from idle;
    - bring RPM to above 4000/5000 within 10 seconds;
    - as soon as stumble is felt, release throttle and allow motor to spin down to idle;

there might be something else...

Brett,

If relearn is not done, then PCM will mis-detect misfires... motor should run ok.

For some cars it works easily... on others it seems impossible, even with the Tech2/Genisys/Snap-On scantools.

Joe

Lifetime Member

The car is a 98' Vette. I followed all the instructions. I even went to the help tab in when the test popped up to make sure I wasn't missing any thing. I have V1 but the latest update I did was about a year ago. I have all the misfire stuff maxed out anyway so I am not worried about that. I don't have any of the other codes listed in the help table. I didn't use the F12 button. There is an icon on the tool bar that when clicked pops up a box with 4 green tables in it. There is a start CKP button then the timer starts. I will try to be more diligent and do it again. I alaso had the car in park since it is an A4. Should I try N? I just don't want there to be a code when he gets his OBDII test done for emmissions. Thanks guys.

I searched thru the GM service manual...

I found that for Y-car and F-car, 1997-2000, the service manual does not contain any references to crank sensor relearn (anywhere in the manual, even after replacing the PCM or CKP)...

the first year where it appears in the manual is 2001.

So I'm wondering if 1997-2000 do not have the ability to externally initiate the CKP relearn...?

Joe I have a set of Gm service manuals for a 98 Fbody and it has the crank sensor relearn in it .
    Roy 98SSSSSS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast