Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brand new not yet supported controllers

Default Brand new not yet supported controllers

Hi,
    I want to help provide information about brand new GM vehicles so they can be tuned by EFILive sooner, as well as older non-supported vehicles. What do I need to do? I tried to read and post an '07 315 hp 4.8 Tahoe today, but it's Gen 5 and it didn't work. I also want to see the Ecotec supported, since it's widespread, not to mention the current supercharged Cobalt SS and the turbo Pontiac Solstice GXP as well as the Saturn Sky Redline. Come on guys I can help let's do this. There is no harm in expanding. I would definitely love to tune a stock 260 hp turbo Ecotec in a tiny car with EFILive.
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

ive had a few kids i race with ask all the time when im going to be able to tune the SS Cobalts

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

When you say you want to provide information, what sort of information do you want to provide? What sort of information can you provide?

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Reading new / not yet supported vehicles, and posting them. The other day I tried a 315 hp 4.8 liter '07 Tahoe, but it wouldn't let me because it's genV. How can I help?

I'm intrigued, if it's new and unsupported and therefore can't be read by EFILive......how do you read and post the information??????????????????

Not sure about what all is involved, but the basics of accessing information from the computer are usually well documented, even if the details of the data fields aren't clear ... therefore, some tool that just dumps everything it gets from the computer without the program enforcing just reading "known" OS versions could probably help ...

Of course, I could be all wrong here
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Without support built into the software, it is impossible to read an unsupported controller, for two reasons:

1. The seed/key algorithms are usually different between different controllers. EFILive has to add the seed/key info for a controller into the software before it can be read.

2. EFILive must send up a "bootloader" program written in assembler for the controller's CPU architecture. That bootloader is responsible for sending the data back to EFILive.

However, once we do add reading support for a controller we do require folks to read and send to us as, many different operating systems for that controller as they can find.

You'll see some requests for this for 4 cylinder vehicles soon....

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks for explaining. Any requests are welcome. I feel I may be able to help quite a bit in this area in the future.

Im gonna dig this thread up before I post a new one.
    Is EFI live planning on supporting the LNF 2.0 turbo that is in the Solstice GXP, SKY Redline, HHR SS, &cobalt SS?

Hp tuners has made a half assed effort at it and after 1 year in (full price) Beta, there is no new support (60% of the tables are missing) and no planned date of release.
    Most of us that plopped down the credits are annoyed, some of us that bought the tuning suite just for the LNF solstice are downright Irate. They made no attempt to inform us that the Beta had no Rev control or torque management tables making it usefull for turning off CEl's and nothing more. When we ask when we are going to get an update we get a "gee I dunno" or sometimes a plain ol' F-off.

What is EFI Live's status on the Bosch Med9 pcm? in works? Timeline? If you can come in with full control over the Bosch controller you'd be heros to alot of folks and solidify alot of opionions about who has better customer service, and has better product.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldturbofreak View Post
    What is EFI Live's status on the Bosch Med9 pcm? in works? Timeline? If you can come in with full control over the Bosch controller you'd be heros to alot of folks and solidify alot of opionions about who has better customer service, and has better product.
    Well, sorry to disappoint but the MED9 is not even on the radar for us. With our Bosch experiences during Diesel development we made a decision that we will stay clear of Bosch gas ECM's.
    I do have a range of Bosch ECM's here including the MED9.6 and from what I have seen it's just as tough to work with as any other Bosch ECM.
    So sorry Baldturbofreak, but EFILive isn't about to come to your rescue any time soon.
    Have you looked to Europe for another alternative tuning solution, surely the MED9.6 is used on European cars too?

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast