Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: has anyone played with shift timing?

Default has anyone played with shift timing?

Has anyone played with the B5100, 5104, 5108 etc "desired shift timing" tables?
    I have built an ECU tune that tows good & pulls like a !*%$&@ at WOT.
    Now I would like to tighten up the shift firmness & remove the slush box feeling.
    It looks like simply changing the -100 # to say -150 or-200 ??

2008 LMM 6spd
    thanks guys

Lifetime Member

Ive heard its only tuning the shift timing for the oncoming clutch and that it won't have that much of a diffrerence, but I don't see why you couldnt go a little.

Judging from what EFI has for a description, it looks like these are the lengths of time that the solenoids take to apply/release the clutches in order to shift to/from the next gear.
    So..... yeah, it looks like we should be able to make adjustments to the values, the only negative could be a harsh shift.
    ??

Lifetime Member

I don't know anything about transmissions but ive seen where people have made tcm tunes and adjusted the shift times by about 50-250ms. I tried adjusting mine in the 70+tps area by about 25-150ms and on I think the 2-3rd shift it does something wierd. So im going to change them back to stock for now.

thanks, goood to know. I have asked the same question on another forum, I will let you know if I get a response.

I adjusted mine. It seemed to make it feel better without being too harsh. I didn't adjust it too much. You can find my stock tune as well as my modified tune on www.dieseltowingresource.com

Lifetime Member

Has anybody ever adjusted the TCC duty cycle past where it was stock? What if you made it 100% could you get a little more holding power out of it?

What about disabeling the g-soleniod at a diffrerent rpm? Ive heard the g solenoid lowers the main pressure at low throttle so if you disabled it at a lower rpm it would build more pressure faster?

Quote Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
    Has anybody ever adjusted the TCC duty cycle past where it was stock? What if you made it 100% could you get a little more holding power out of it?

What about disabeling the g-soleniod at a diffrerent rpm? Ive heard the g solenoid lowers the main pressure at low throttle so if you disabled it at a lower rpm it would build more pressure faster?
    You don't want to put the TCC DC to 100%; You'll burn it out because it's not rated for that duty cycle.

Lifetime Member

Ok thanks, can a soleniod never be at 100%? Is there any benifit to disable the G Soleniod at a lower rpm?

Quote Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
    Ok thanks, can a soleniod never be at 100%? Is there any benifit to disable the G Soleniod at a lower rpm?
    Depends on the solenoid. The TCC one isn't rated for 100%; not sure what the others are. I THINK the G-Sol was put there to get an extra .00000001 MPG for the EPA; I don't think it hurts either way (enabled or disabled).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast