Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with EFIlive and TCM

Default Problem with EFIlive and TCM

Just wanting to know if you can connect the EFIlive to the TCM in a 2007 Vette it has the automatic trans with Paddle shifts. I would like to change the shift points if possible but haven't been able to do anything to it. Can someone help?

Quote Originally Posted by Rvettej View Post
    Just wanting to know if you can connect the EFIlive to the TCM in a 2007 Vette it has the automatic trans with Paddle shifts. I would like to change the shift points if possible but haven't been able to do anything to it. Can someone help?
    As long as you have a V2, should be as simple a selecting that controller type after you click on the green read arrow. Make your changes to the trans tables and reflash the TCM. Make sure your software is up to date, so you have the proper cal files.
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo

Thanks for the reply, would you happen to know which trans I have (T43,T42,etc.)? I kept getting an error after connecting to the TCM and I have the Commerical V2. Currently I'm out of town, later this week I will return home and see what I can come up with again.

Vette's have the 6 speed right? Should be the T43. Again, make sure you have the latest software build.

I believe its a six speed haven't really checked and I don't use the paddle shifts. But the T43 is what I was guessing myself. What is the latest software? I downloaded the V7.5.

I believe its 7.5.4 build 66

How do you check the version? I tried to download the version you mentioned above and it asked if I wanted to replace the file V7.5.4.66, so I said no. but I can only find it as V7.5 and my computer. I'm sure I have the right one because I just installed the software about 3 weeks ago.

You should have the most resent then, although it usually never hurt to load over the existing version you have with what it thinks is the same thing.

To answer your question about looking to see what version you have, you just open the tune tool, click on the help tab in the upper tool bar then click on the about tab and it will tell you what version you currently have.

I checked, it is the correct version but I will install it again. I should be home this Friday and see what I can do again. I will let you know what I can come up with on the Trans. And thanks again for your help I really appreciate it.

Thanks it I finally got it connected, it was the T43. I now have a bigger problem maybe you can help me. I bought the car used with 13,000 miles and the engine light was on and the dealer fixed it by replacing the passenger side Cat (code PO420) now after putting long tube headers, x-pipe and exhaust the car feels sluggish with low RPM and has the sound of clattering or pinging around the headers, after about 100 miles on the car with these upgrades the engine light came on again today and now the code is (PO430) sounds like the driver side now but has new high flow cats.....I dont know what to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast