Thread: Wide Band Loosing Calibration

Default Wide Band Loosing Calibration

I am having problems with my new WB sensor. When I first got it, it was working OK, or so I thought. This is my first car and first time, but I have to do a "free air" calibration every time I unplug the power wire. Otherwise it will show an AFR of over a hundred. It will then show an idle AFR of around 20, which is suppossed to be the free air reading. I cannot find a place for any kind of battery backup. I just took it for a test drive to log my VE map, and got back to the shop, copied and multiplied my maps, then went to do another drive, and in less than 20 minutes, it has lost its calibration. I pulled it on the rack, recalibrated in free air, reinstalled the sensor after unplugging the controller, then turned it back on and started the engine, an it is wacked out again. How does this thing store its calibration? How often does it have to be recalibrated. This is ridiculous.

Thanks for any advise.

Which wideband...?

Sorry, I thought I put that in there. It is the Innovate LM2 single channel.

Sounds like your LM2 is faulty... need to contact Innovate and get it replaced/repaired.

Lifetime Member

I had this on my lm1 which turned out firmware related. No use to you perhaps but to others I reverted back to the old 1.0b(its been a while so memory is dodgy) firmware

sorry it wasnt an lm1 I meant lc1 that I have, totally different but might come in handy for others.
    Last edited by stigmundfreud; September 22nd, 2008 at 11:48 AM.

Bosch part#-17014. Might want to keep a spare. Be sure if it is installed in your exhaust that you keep your LM1 on while the engine is running.http://www.pronto.com/Bosch-17014-Ox...10304961829-CG

John

ps Any VW dealer should stock this part# 021-906-262B Fits quite few cars in their lineup. List price is $113.72. These cost me $58.72. Shop around as the prices are all over the place.
    Last edited by ssvolvo; September 23rd, 2008 at 12:36 AM. Reason: VW part#