Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 0411 swap now to 12586243 for flex fuel

Isnt the 24 pickup used in 6 and 8's anyway? (ie) 3x8=24 and 4*6=24 also works for 4 cyl. I thought they changed to 58x for more resolution.
    Im probably talking miles off thread, but there you go
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Lifetime Member

Ringram,
    On the distributored Vortec engines, The V-6 has a 3 toothed reluctor and the V-8s have a 4 toothed reluctor.

Jeff
    98 GMC RCSB 2WD, Internally stock 305 w/Twin T-3 junkyard Turbos,4L80e,Ramjet intake,42lb.inj., 0411PCM, COS3,4675LBS w/me in it. Best Time on 5 passes-13.01@110

Quote Originally Posted by Lextech View Post
    Ringram,
    On the distributored Vortec engines, The V-6 has a 3 toothed reluctor and the V-8s have a 4 toothed reluctor.

Jeff
    yup, this is pre-24x wheel days. heh...

although for anyone not aware, Mike from EFIconnection is working on getting a 24x reluctor wheel that will work on the older gen 1 and 2 motors which would allow for the 24x signal as well as coil near plug, and he has 1 or 2 working vehicles using it that are being tested at the moment...so that option may be a viable solution in the near future as well.

although I would think there is some calibration that could be changed in the 6243 to make the tach read correctly, from what I have seen, basically all the tables (with the exception of the ethanol table) between the '02 express van OS and the 6243 OS are the same, so you should be able to just put in the correct calculations in there somewhere to get the correct tach reading.
    1996 c1500 gen1e 5.7L - the "LS31", 24x CNP, LS2 coils, modified T56, 12200411PCM running COS3, zz4 cam, custom MPFI, etc. coming soon: Twin Turbos

The green connectors I got through a buddy of mine, but he ending up needing them back so, what I did is took the red connectors and between the to end numbs there is one like almost in the center, I just filed it down with a grinder, so now it will work. It's my own truck so I am not too much concerned whether our not it has the proper colors. I am thinking that it may be off in the tach inside the cluster. I did some look up with my tech 2. It says the PCM rpm is 700 rpm at idle, I have it set that high, but when I go over to the cluster input views it thinks it is getting 500rpm's, and it varies even more as the rpm's come up. I will here shortly do a cluster swap outta a 2002 and see if this corrects it. I am thinking that the 2000 cluster has a different mulitplier built into it. The PCM see's the proper rpm, the cluster isn't. The lowest value efi will let you put in, in the tach section is one.

I am still awaiting a cheaper source for the fuel sensor, that way I can see if the e85 stuff works.
    Last edited by chevy052500hd; September 27th, 2008 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chevy052500hd View Post
    The green connectors I got through a buddy of mine, but he ending up needing them back so, what I did is took the red connectors and between the to end numbs there is one like almost in the center, I just filed it down with a grinder, so now it will work. It's my own truck so I am not too much concerned whether our not it has the proper colors. I am thinking that it may be off in the tach inside the cluster. I did some look up with my tech 2. It says the PCM rpm is 700 rpm at idle, I have it set that high, but when I go over to the cluster input views it thinks it is getting 500rpm's, and it varies even more as the rpm's come up. I will here shortly do a cluster swap outta a 2002 and see if this corrects it. I am thinking that the 2000 cluster has a different mulitplier built into it. The PCM see's the proper rpm, the cluster isn't. The lowest value efi will let you put in, in the tach section is one.

I am still awaiting a cheaper source for the fuel sensor, that way I can see if the e85 stuff works.
    it could be the cluster, let us know how that works for you. I was researching the differences between the '02 Xvan based tune I'm running on the 411 with a '04 silverado 6.0 tune running the 6243, and there were no differences I could see in the way the pcm processes the tach calibrations (the calibration values for the L31 and Lq9 motors were different, but the tables were setup identical). they're both PCMs that can run the LS motors, so the tach signal going out should be the same as long as the values are the same in the tables, I would doubt the cluster would cause the problem, but it could be.

have you swapped the fuel system for corrosion resistant stuff to run the E85? I'd like to see how it this works for you.
    1996 c1500 gen1e 5.7L - the "LS31", 24x CNP, LS2 coils, modified T56, 12200411PCM running COS3, zz4 cam, custom MPFI, etc. coming soon: Twin Turbos

I am switching to a marine intake, it has stainless steel lines, I also believe the injuectors are too, as far as the lines and the tank, I am not too concerned with them, I seen a video on youtube, the supposedly ran e85 throught a 2000 tahoe for 100,000 miles and tore it down, there was no damage to the fuel system, infact it showed to be in better condition. For everything I have read, it goes back and forth, so I am just going to wing it and see. I ran e85 before in this truck with no problems, just caled the computer for it to run on only e85, now if I can make it flex fuel, that would be even better. With e85 the stock spyder setup wasn't enough to keep up in the top end for fuel, was a little lean in PE but not horribly. I do believe the marine injectors are 24lbs, so I do believe it will all work itself out. Now the whole reason for me doing this, I am planning on putting my turbo system back on and boosting it again, with e85 it will be a little cheaper to play. Once I put my turbo back on I can get some bigger injectors, may have to use some 96lbs low impedence ones and use a driver box to drive them. This is all down the road, right now just want flex fuel LOL.

I am glad to see there are options for the v8's too, cause before the only cal's I found used the 24x sensor, couldn't start my truck on those. That and they were set up for etc, which I don't have.

Before everyone starts swapping to the 1Mb PCM, the reason GM went to larger flash is they simply ran out of room on the 512K chip. The additional CPU speed was needed to process all the extra 'crap' that was added in for stricter diagnostics etc. You are not going to gain anything in performance by using the newer PCM, unless you need to make your 2001 vehicle meet 2006 emissions levels.
    Also, there is many different types of 1Mb PCM's, some are model specific so you can't just grab any 1Mb PCM and expect it to work in your vehicle.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by ringram View Post
    Isnt the 24 pickup used in 6 and 8's anyway? (ie) 3x8=24 and 4*6=24 also works for 4 cyl. I thought they changed to 58x for more resolution.
    Im probably talking miles off thread, but there you go
    I think it was a trade off, I am sure the 24x signal can calculate the engine position much faster than the 58x, however, it's easy to use a 58x sensor on all engine types, once they use 58x wheels over a variety of engines that means the same controller can be used on a number of engines, just look how many the E38 / E67 support.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Before everyone starts swapping to the 1Mb PCM, the reason GM went to larger flash is they simply ran out of room on the 512K chip. The additional CPU speed was needed to process all the extra 'crap' that was added in for stricter diagnostics etc. You are not going to gain anything in performance by using the newer PCM, unless you need to make your 2001 vehicle meet 2006 emissions levels.
    Also, there is many different types of 1Mb PCM's, some are model specific so you can't just grab any 1Mb PCM and expect it to work in your vehicle.

Cheers,
    Ross

Did some highway testing, for me this PCM increased my gas mileage by about 1 -2mpg. This was highway only, city mileage appeared to stay the same. I went from 16mpg on the vortec box, to 18mpg on the 0411, and now this PCM is 20mpg. Lean cruise was not enabled, I have just enabled it now, and will see what kinda results I get now. Not saying everyone's car will react the same, but it seems as of right now I picked up a couple. This was done tonight had a 3 hour drive, so played around with mpg calculating.

Quote Originally Posted by chevy052500hd View Post
    Did some highway testing, for me this PCM increased my gas mileage by about 1 -2mpg. This was highway only, city mileage appeared to stay the same. I went from 16mpg on the vortec box, to 18mpg on the 0411, and now this PCM is 20mpg. Lean cruise was not enabled, I have just enabled it now, and will see what kinda results I get now. Not saying everyone's car will react the same, but it seems as of right now I picked up a couple. This was done tonight had a 3 hour drive, so played around with mpg calculating.
    Nice, are you using mostly the same calibrations that you had in the 411? did you just disable the E85 tables since you don't have the sensor yet? (or did you get it already?)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast