Thread: help please- wont idle

Default help please- wont idle

im trying to tune a 2002 pontiac firehawk-- vehicle has been radically modified,
    ls2-402 stroker, custom grind cam, 242 intake, 248 exhaust, lift .609 intake-.609 exhaust, 14 lsa, 12 psi procharger, -26cc forged pistons and crank, 225 afr heads 72cc, dual springs, trans-- perfomabuilt level 3, w/ 3200 stall, moser 9 in 370 gears
    i have installed custom os, and worked with some other people on getting this programmed- the vehicle starts then dies- cant get it to idle at all- im very new to this and very stumped- if anybody has any advice it would be highly appreciated- i have attahced tun file
    Attached Files Attached Files

looking at your tune file you are not running a custom operating system. but the stock one for 02.. with that big of cam and boost that you want to go to you should be looking at a 2 bar map with speed density

you also cut the spark but with that big of a cam you would need more spark

also it looks like there is a problem with your iac counts as they should be higher then 2, do you have a bigger hole drilled in the tb?

there is a process to dial in the idle called RAFIG which helped my car alot and looks at better idling variables

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4661

Lifetime Member

I'm no expert by a long shot but the first thing I notice is that your timing is so low at idle. I run a dragster so I dont have a street tune but I run 32 degrees at idle and it's idle dead smooth. 12 degrees is just way to low in my opinion, with a lot of cam overlap you arent giving it much time to burn the fuel.

Also your vacuum at idle is really low, my cam is a little smaller but is 55-57 at idle, maybe with more timing the idle will clean up...

Lee

230" Dragster - 2000 LS1, 02020003 Speed Density, PRC 2.5 Heads,
    MS3 Cam 237/242 .603/.609, Vic Jr. intake, Holley 1000CFM TB,
    PowerGlide, 5000 stall converter. 8.70@154 MPH

My Projects Homepage: http://www.horsepowerracing.com

Number 1, make sure you have ALL the correct Injector tables, not just flow, but offset and pulse as well set correctly.

Everything else works off these values and will get screwed up if they are not right. Im not sure what injectors you have but you should check this.

Then like the guys say have a look at RAF tuning and you can use the bidirectional controls to mess with AFR and spark to see what works best.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.