Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Merging cax files

Lifetime Member

So people who know what they are doing will be able to work on getting more tables avalible to us? Like any of them that are on the PCM or TCM?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Joe, I thought the .cax files needed to be in the directory the .calz file was in, I'll ask Paul to clarify that. To me it would make sense to keep them with the .calz file rather than create clutter in the Calibration root directory.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Yes, it would make sense to have them in the same folders as the *.calz files. But the *.cax functionality was implemented before the *.calz files were split into sub-folders. So the *.cax files must all be in the calibrations folder.

I will change that in version 8 so that the *.cax and *.calz files are in the same folder.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks Paul, just so that everyone understands, all the .cax files regardless of what controller they are for must be placed in to the directory -
    \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
    So people who know what they are doing will be able to work on getting more tables avalible to us? Like any of them that are on the PCM or TCM?
    Hopefully it will remain fairly open that people will share what they come up with, and that no bad apples are among the folks working on it.
    The reason we added the .cax functionality back in 2006 was so some of our users could add in their own tables that they knew of (we don't ask how or why!). It's a constant battle trying to keep everyone happy with what's available and actually finding the time to do it ourselves, this system at least leaves the software open enough for everyone to do as they please.

If anyone is handy enough with PC programming it would be possible to write a nice graphical interface to create the .cax files rather than hand editing. We had hoped to do this ourselves, but time constraints have stopped that so far.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Last edited by GMPX; September 23rd, 2008 at 05:20 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Dont forget guys that you may want to modify the cal-link txt file to link the scan tool to these tables.
    For those that arent sure how its done
    table ID. COL/ROW=pid eg
    B9000.COL=SAE.MAP
    B9000.ROW=SAE.ECT
    The Tremor at AIR

Default Hummmm

Your on the same wave length as me mick. Filters and Realtime update to sort those lean tip-in's (Rubber-banding).

Mick
    Rev it up, Drop the clutch, See what happens?

Default updates L0L!

I'm checking out your file Joe and I noticed that I have an update. Have you used the compare feature of EFILive to look at a 2001 Trans Am to a 2001 Holden HSV? You Should because you will get a kick out of it. I have highlighted the update. I believe that some Holden's have throttle stomp turned off and I think I found one and the parameter value was 256, so haven a chop at it I'm thinking it should look a little like this.

Cheers

Mick

; ================================================== =============================
    [B9001]
    ; Description
    ; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DESC.001 = Flag used to enable/disable the calculation and delivery of makeup fuel.
    DESC.002 =
    DESC.003 =
    DESC.004 =
    DESC.005 = Need to look at the Enumerators and clear things up. Not sure if it is right.
    ;
    ;
    ; Seg Caption Major Minor Vis Dis 2D Grp
    ; --- -------------------------------- --------------------------- ---------------- --- --- -- ---
    VIEW = 2 "Stomp Make Up Fuel" "Transient Fuel" "Throttle Stomp" 1 1 0 0
    ;
    ; Address(es) BitOff Bits Typ Inv
    ; -------------------------------- ------ ---- --- ---
    ADDR = B628 0 16 SED 0
    ;
    ; Units Factor Offset Prec MinLimit MaxLimit MinUser MaxUser
    ; --------------- -------------- ------ ---- -------- -------- -------- --------
    SI_SLOT = Enable/Disable 1.0 0 0 0 65535 0 65535
    ;
    ; Body Col Row
    ; -------------- -------------- --------------
    ULABELS = . . .
    ;
    ; Enumerations
    ; -------------------------------------------------------------------
    SI_ENUM = "511=Enable,256=Disable"
    IM_ENUM = "511=Enable,256=Disable"
    ;
    ; Units Labels
    ; ---------------- -----------------------------------------------------
    SI_COL = .
    IM_COL = .
    ;
    SI_ROW = .
    IM_ROW = . B9001.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    While not wanting to sound like a total geek......

Can the .cax file be edited with &quot;vi&quot; etc under *nix ? The main issue is if the .cax file needs the <CR><LF> at the end of each line or if it will be fine with just a <CR>.
    yea what they really meant is that you dont want any artifacts or changing filetypes. VI(M) will handle just about anything correctly, and if it gets mangled somehow all you need to do is :set filetype=dos and it will put CRLF's instead of LF I use VIM for windows, and it works great

Default Update: 12202088 merged file (Transient Fuel, Lean Cruise)

Mick,

I just now compared 2001 TA and HSV... lol... that's funny, if you don't know the value of a state, it shows the raw value...

I changed "0=Disable" to "256=Disable" under Enumerations for B9001 in the merged (TF/LC) file... attached.

Thanks,
    Joe
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Hummm

Good thought! I agree with that....

He is an update to B9003.

Use this Scaling Factor: 0.024993

I found my pencil sharpener.

Cheers

Mick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast