Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allison CAX file(s)

Default Allison CAX file(s)

With the ability to add tables and such with the CAX files, is there anyone out there with intimate knowledge of the 3rd and 4th gen Allison TCMs that might be able and willing to make a CAX file or two for me?

Lifetime Member

x2 or +1 or whatever it is.

Default Hummm

Sorry I don't think I have this info, I will have a look around. If the information becomes available I can help.

Cheers

Mick
    Rev it up, Drop the clutch, See what happens?

Mick how about a "how to summary" for techno types to give a basic heads up on whats involved to create the cax. Looks like you specifiy offsets in the bin files and valid values they can be changed to etc?

Im guessing knowledge of what tables are in what offsets with what values is the hardbit..
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Quote Originally Posted by ringram View Post
    Mick how about a "how to summary" for techno types to give a basic heads up on whats involved to create the cax. Looks like you specifiy offsets in the bin files and valid values they can be changed to etc?

Im guessing knowledge of what tables are in what offsets with what values is the hardbit..
    In looking at the CAX files that have been posted, it seems that the info placed in the file is the address(es) of the function you want to add. The biggest problem is knowing what the address is for the function you have in mind.

Default Hummm

Quote Originally Posted by ringram View Post

Correct with that one. Basically Ross and others like him are the ones who do all the "HARD WORK" and deserve all the credit for the support you have.

In the .cax files I use a different range of methods, which I call "BLACK MAGIC". This is the source of all evil.... Sorry but there are some things I can't talk about as I want this to continue. I will help as much as I can.

Study the first section of the .cax files with the instructions that Paul has included, this is your bread and butter. Know them well. Play with there settings and compare the results.

I have used the EFILive .exe over 2000 times I guess in the past 2 weeks and put in over 30 hours. You must put in the time to achieve the result, there are no short cuts. Well there are but thats another story....

In the past 5 years I have made many friends all over the world, networking has it's benefits.

Stick with it and you can have some good fun and achieve things that you thought were impossible.

Cheers

Mick
    Rev it up, Drop the clutch, See what happens?

Ok I accept the Black Magic bit.
    In NZ that phrase has some meaning, whether its relevant in more than one way or not Ill not ask

Its all good anyway, carry on Mr Magic.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Mick,

Good work mate...... I can appreciate the Black Magic (it's what engineers resort to when they have exhausted physics)...

Lifetime Member

Anybody done anything with this? I wish I knew how to do it.

ttt any luck with allison cax files thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast