Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuning the transient parameters

Original unaltered B9000 table:

After some observational alterations and "autove" type cell by cell logging with paste&multiply style tuning which worked okay, not great, it ended up looking like this, which I have ran for a few months and it was better than the original table:

well, after some more logging and making corrections simply based from observation and "guessing" with some smoothing of the table, it actually is doing better than before, so far, and currently looks like this:

its still far from perfect but its definantly headed in the right direction for my setup at least.

and for anyone not at their laptop, here's the definition of the table:
    Impact Factor determines the amount of transient fuel compensation to be added (the height of the parabola).
    This represents the fraction of the injected fuel pulse that will impact the port wall.

These calibrations are to suit operating system 12212156.

the column label which isn't seen in the pics is kPa, rows are *C, and the cell data is presented as "%Factor" with limits of: minimum 0.000, and maximum 1.300
    1996 c1500 gen1e 5.7L - the "LS31", 24x CNP, LS2 coils, modified T56, 12200411PCM running COS3, zz4 cam, custom MPFI, etc. coming soon: Twin Turbos

Quote Originally Posted by Aloicious View Post
    I'll trade you my transient tuning tables for your whipple
    LOL...the irony there is that if I didnt have the Whipple and Speed Density tune.....I wouldnt need the transient fueling ability....
    2014 GMC 2500HD RCLB SLE
    LML / Allison

I dunno, I'm N/A, running OLMAF and the transient tables help out a good deal. I'm sure with forced induction its probably worse though.

someday you'll get to play with B9000 though.
    1996 c1500 gen1e 5.7L - the "LS31", 24x CNP, LS2 coils, modified T56, 12200411PCM running COS3, zz4 cam, custom MPFI, etc. coming soon: Twin Turbos

Starting to play around with the Transient tables again...finally.
    I tried lifting B9007 from 1.99 to 10% but it just caused the truck to run super rich and bog and nearly die. I have it set at 2.5 at present. If I watch my WBO2 AFR as I change this...even a tiny amount....it goes evry rich.
    I'm now playing with B9002 (thanks Justin) and it seems to be making a difference to the 'tip-out' lean spike.
    Last edited by hquick; March 3rd, 2009 at 08:40 AM.
    Howard

YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T
    MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE
    DUCT TAPE.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

98 K1500 'HOLDEN' Suburban.
    Custom Whipple SC, Mercruiser Marine intake, 0411 PCM, 4L80E w/shift kit

Quote Originally Posted by Aloicious View Post
    I dunno, I'm N/A, running OLMAF and the transient tables help out a good deal. I'm sure with forced induction its probably worse though.

someday you'll get to play with B9000 though.
    I agree, I am getting a lean spike upon rapid throttle opening esp. worse when engine is cold. I think this is more due to our marine intakes, and the way the truck /van calibrations are tuned to make use of the stock poppets which have a superior/different injector aiming toward into the intake port. This is due to the CSFI's flexible spider hoses that arent dependant on being supplied by a fuel rail like the marine intakes use. Its because of this fuel rail that forces the difference injector angle into the port. Even though the CSFI spiders suck upgrading, they do have better placement, so far as angle into the runner is concerned.

The marine intakes simply spray more fuel onto the runner wall, at a different angle than the stock poppets do.

I wish there was some transient fueling options that were more easily attainable for the tuning sytem I use.
    peace
    Hog
    1997 rcsb stock L31 longblock, Marine Intake with 28# EV6 injectors, L35 2700 stall TC,Hooker LT's 2.007 60ft

I'll be changing injectors soon. Resized LS1 36lb at 58psi as opposed to the 42lb/hr at 39.15psi Bosch 'greentops'.
    Hopefully they will be a bit easier to tune.
    It'll be interesting to see what the difference is....if any.

Oops! Bed time. 3am....again. Lol!
    Howard

DUCT TAPE.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by hog View Post

I wish there was some transient fueling options that were more easily attainable for the tuning sytem I use.
    peace
    Hog
    I know how to cure that Hog. EFILive and an 0411 PCM. You could have it swapped over and running in about 3 hrs.

Jeff
    98 GMC RCSB 2WD, Internally stock 305 w/Twin T-3 junkyard Turbos,4L80e,Ramjet intake,42lb.inj., 0411PCM, COS3,4675LBS w/me in it. Best Time on 5 passes-13.01@110

Yeah Pauly...you know you want to.
    Howard

DUCT TAPE.

Default Hummm

Quote Originally Posted by hog View Post
    I agree, I am getting a lean spike upon rapid throttle opening esp. worse when engine is cold. I think this is more due to our marine intakes, and the way the truck /van calibrations are tuned to make use of the stock poppets which have a superior/different injector aiming toward into the intake port. This is due to the CSFI's flexible spider hoses that arent dependant on being supplied by a fuel rail like the marine intakes use. Its because of this fuel rail that forces the difference injector angle into the port. Even though the CSFI spiders suck upgrading, they do have better placement, so far as angle into the runner is concerned.

The marine intakes simply spray more fuel onto the runner wall, at a different angle than the stock poppets do.

peace
    Hog
    Paul,

I can add those parameters to your software as well.

Just need a copy of your tune and the VDF version you are using.

The offer is there...

I find what Mick 5.7 ute is doing is the way to go. Work on a clc pid for transient fuelling. You can filter transient fuel out of your VE tuning and come up with better data.

I also see 6 parameters for Steady State and the thresholds at which this mode is considered active. Might have a play around and add these as well. Could make things interesting.

Cheers

Mick
    Rev it up, Drop the clutch, See what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by MICK View Post
    I also see 6 parameters for Steady State and the thresholds at which this mode is considered active. Might have a play around and add these as well. Could make things interesting.

Cheers

Mick
    Have you had any luck with these parameters MICK ?
    The transient fueling pid is suffering from a bit of noise that I havent been able to reduce as yet. As a visual aid in the logs it works great though & has helped in filtering bad data out manually. I believe the noise comes from a lack of precision in the logged pids & will be looking into it before posting up a finished txt file & how to.
    The Tremor at AIR

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast