Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Expanded Support for Transient Fuel.

Default Hummm

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    12212156.cax and 0202003.cax are identical files...

Yes this is correct. 12212156 is the base of the 02020003 cos3. To explain this a little. The same base definition file is used in the cos operating systems, there are extra parameters included for the boost code. As most of the other parameters reside in the same location as the base operating system. Look at the custom operating system tutorial on page 4 and you will see what I talking about. If you build a .cax file for the stock GM operating system, there is a good chance that it can be used for the EFILive Custom operating system just by renaming it.

01290003.cax is different from these only in that B9003 max limit is 5.
    I found there was not much difference between 12212156 and 12225074. I found that when looking at a few tunes that the range was out so I increased it to get rid of the out of range.

I will admit that there are errors that need more work on the 12212156 .cax family of files. This is a good grounding for you all to get you started. Better then having nothing at all.

Cheers

Mick
    Rev it up, Drop the clutch, See what happens?

Default Hummm

Mick,

The 12212156.cax file contains this line:
    ; Calibration definition extension for OS 02020003

Is that ok...?

I thought 02020005 was derived from 12212156.

Joe
    Yeah I was getting through it pretty quick and may have missed a few things, so I don't mind you pulling me up on things like that. More eyes make lighter work....

12212156 is the base operating system. 02020003 and 02020005 should be the same .cax file as they use 12212156 as the base for both.

The reason I posted all the different operating system part numbers is to make things a little easier in some way for people. You notice that some guys were having trouble getting the parameters to show up because they had a conflict difference between the name of the .cax file and the operating system ID of the tune they wanted to view.

When you make a correction to one of these .cax file family groups, you will need to make the change to the others as well.

Hope this clears it up for you.

Cheers

Mick

After some sanity checking, I can merge LC into those files.

this is some great stuff going on here.

Outstanding job Mick & Joecar.
    1996 c1500 gen1e 5.7L - the "LS31", 24x CNP, LS2 coils, modified T56, 12200411PCM running COS3, zz4 cam, custom MPFI, etc. coming soon: Twin Turbos

Quote Originally Posted by MICK View Post
    This is one software that I use to shift through the code to find table locations, only catch is you need to be able to work in .bin format. This software will search the code for all tables as such.

http://www.evc.de/en/download/down_winols.asp

I will look at the other stuff.

Cheers

Mick
    Thats pretty cool software. Took a quick look at the manual. Very nice. That would kill too many brain cells getting to grips with though. I think Ill keep to my day job
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Yes Joe,

Rename the file and have a look at the parameters. You will find more supported operating systems including the cos5's.

I picked out that B9007 was looking a little out, if you see a TP setting of 29.7 or something like that this is wrong. I will look more at it. In that cax I also disabled 2 other parameters because they were not right.

I believe that in the cos operating systems true closed loop is disabled to make use of the commanded open loop tables for fueling. Therefor lean cruise is non functional without O2 feedback.

To find the parameter tables in 12212156 it was a simple task. The parameter locations were increased 2 hex bits from 12202088. There was no Black Magic to find these parameters, I just used a term called pattern recognition.

I have done this for quite some time on the OBD1 code on the Holden's as there is lacking support for there definitions, so I might make it look easy. To explain a little. If you know how many rows and columns there are in a parameter table you can build a table then shift through the code to find all the possible outcomes.

This is one software that I use to shift through the code to find table locations, only catch is you need to be able to work in .bin format. This software will search the code for all tables as such.

http://www.evc.de/en/download/down_winols.asp

I will look at the other stuff.

Cheers

Mick
    Ahhhh, memories! Spending hours sifting through earlier Holden .bin files looking for tables (especially when locations were changed several times within same models )

You using the raw .bin files to do this or the EFILIVE scrambled/modified ones?
    Dave.

Mick,

I'm doing a "code-review" so to speak... like you said "many eyes"... I bounce device driver code (my day time work) off various people at work and I'm amazed sometimes at what they find... "a new set of eyes"...

I have some very good text/binary difference editors that leave nothing unturned...

12202088.cax still has the old scaler 0.00048905... should it be changed to 0.024993...?

01250003.cax also has the old scaler, is this ok...?

Joe
    What about this: should I just edit 12202088.cax to include the new scaler...?

Cheers
    Joe
    Last edited by joecar; September 27th, 2008 at 12:44 PM.

Ah, I see... 12212156 is the base of both 0202003 and 02020005.

Default Hummm

Mick,

I'm doing a "code-review" so to speak... like you said "many eyes"... I bounce device driver code (my day time work) off various people at work and I'm amazed sometimes at what they find... "a new set of eyes"...

I have some very good text/binary difference editors that leave nothing unturned...

What about this: should I just edit 12202088.cax to include the new scaler...?

Cheers
    Joe

Yes Joe,

That's the one to use, it is accurate to .001%.

Mick

Default Hummm

Quote Originally Posted by Biggsy View Post
    Ahhhh, memories! Spending hours sifting through earlier Holden .bin files looking for tables (especially when locations were changed several times within same models )

You using the raw .bin files to do this or the EFILIVE scrambled/modified ones?

Currently I'm working with EFILive software and the encrypted .tun format using a compare mode, there is no need for me to go any further.

I created a potion last night that is very powerful, yet to test this spell but I hope it will give me the strength to continue with my quest.

I created a potion last night that is very powerful, yet to test this spell but I hope it will give me the strength to continue with my quest.

lol, watch out, people used to get burnt at the stake and drowned for that!
    Dave.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast