Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: V1 Problems!!! No Lights... :(

The heat here is Australia is like what you get in Arizona, I've got two black cars, you think I would have learned my lesson.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    The heat here is Australia is like what you get in Arizona, I've got two black cars, you think I would have learned my lesson.

Cheers,
    Ross
    HAHAHAHAHA We never will! Black just looks too good when its clean.

-CoryF
    2001 Camaro SS #2070
    -K&N FIPK, P/P TB, 227/231 .614/.617 111+4, UD Pulley, LT headers, OFY, Dumped 3" Exhaust, !AIR, KONI 4/4, Spec 3+ w/ Aluminum Fly Wheel, 4.10's, Custom EFILive Tune

I'm in So.Cal. which is not quite as hot as AZ but still fairly hot... and I have 2 black cars (1 with T-top and 1 with moonroof)...

black looks very good ("bad") when it's clean... if it get's the slightest bit dirty, it just looks very crappy.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Black looks very good ("bad") when it's clean... if it get's the slightest bit dirty, it just looks very crappy.
    This is so true I feel like I'm washing once a week and waxing every 2 weeks

-CoryF
    2001 Camaro SS #2070
    -K&N FIPK, P/P TB, 227/231 .614/.617 111+4, UD Pulley, LT headers, OFY, Dumped 3" Exhaust, !AIR, KONI 4/4, Spec 3+ w/ Aluminum Fly Wheel, 4.10's, Custom EFILive Tune

I would generally run electronics in comfortable ambient temperature/humidity unless they were automotive/mil-rated.

<hijack>

Cory,
    what springs do you have...?
    what's the difference between 4/4 vs 4/3...?
    are the fronts easy to adjust...?
    Thanks.

</hijack>

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    what springs do you have...?
    what's the difference between 4/4 vs 4/3...?
    are the fronts easy to adjust...?
    Thanks.
    First off I LOVE them!!!

I kept the stock springs, but when I put the fronts together I put the springs on a lower perch, which is like a 3/4" ish drop, and replaced the rear isolator with heater hose and it really makes it sit perfect! IMO

The difference between the 4/3's and 4/4's is the rear shock. Both kits come with the same front shock. The 4/3's the rear shock has to be removed from the vehicle to adjust it. With the 4/4's are adjusted from inside of the cab. I decided to go with the 4/4's because if I ever want to adjust them all I have to do is fold down the rear seat.

The fronts are very easy to adjust, just gotta take off the tire or reach around it and stick a small Allen wrench in the window and spin. They are very easy to adjust JUST as long as you put them together "right". I had to use the cheap rent a tool spring compressor so it was a little tough gettin the window to shine through the coils but once you get em all together it is money well spent.

If you have more questions talk to Sam Strano, he is the guy I bought mine from, he was VERY helpful. He makes lowering springs too.

Let me know if you got any more questions.

Thanks,
    -CoryF
    2001 Camaro SS #2070

I have been speaking to Sam... ...he's very informative.

Oh, I see, the 4/3 rear's have to be removed for adjustment.

So for the fronts, you face the adjustment window in a manner so it is easy to get to (e.g. facing forward would allow access while can is on ramps...)... is this how I would do it...?

This is the compressor I got from ebay for about $70 (see pic).

How many inches do you measure from the top of each wheel arch lip to the ground... on my stock WS6 I measure 26.0" all around (there's a big gap to the tire... looks horrible 4x4 style... yuk...).

Thanks,
    Joe

Edit:I mistyped 26" instead of 28".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6494_2275.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	4020  
    Last edited by joecar; October 10th, 2008 at 04:06 AM.

Yes to adjust the 4/4's all you have to do is fold down the seat and pull up the little carpet flaps on each side. I guess the 3/4's is to pull them off the car. On the fronts I put the window so it was facing out. I haven't used a spring compressor like that but I don't see a problem.

17" Rims, 275/40/17 Tires
    Front:
    Ground to top of tire: 25"
    Ground to the arc of the fender: 26.25"
    Rear:
    Ground to top of tire: 25"
    Ground to the arc of the fender: 25.75"

It is dark out, and I didn't use a laser level or anything, but the measurements should be pretty close. Every car is a little different but it should fall into that area. PM me if you want and I will take some pictures and email em to ya.

P.S. I don't know how often you work on cars, and need specialty tools but the Autozone/Checker etc here in AZ rent tools for free

-CoryF
    2001 Camaro SS #2070

Ooops... I meant I measured 28.0" stock (not 26.0")...

You can see that at 28" I got quite a gap...!!!

I work on em all the time... I accumulate tools (I have nothing better to do...)...

Ya I HATED the stock gap on my camaro, the lower perch was enough to make it look great, and the shocks are amazing. Best of both worlds!
    2001 Camaro SS #2070

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12