Thread: SD Card Holder - Finiky or defective?

Default SD Card Holder - Finiky or defective?

Just bought the tune/scan software and started logging however there are times when the hand held unit says the SD card is not present.. I tried two other cards that that seem to be better (they actually read every time I load them).. Is it typical for some cards to have connectivity issues like that?

I think some cards dimensions might be slightly different and perhaps the contacts are therefore not as good. Is there a noticeable difference (as small as it might be) in thickness between the card that is consistent and the one that is intermittent?
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

I have noticed that with the last 2 BBL Beta updates, I am starting to get an error when I start to BBL (about 50% of the time). I forget the error number but I looked it up and it means No SD Card Present. I remove and reinsert the SD card, then it logs fine. This card had worked flawlessly with every version of the BBL firmware, except the last two. I rarely remove the CD Card at all (until now) so card wear doesnt seem likely. I am using a Sandisk 256mb card.

I was thinking maybe it is the Power Saving/Low Power Mode? The V2 is "forgetting" that I have an SD card inserted?

-Blacky, with regards to the latest firmware, every thing else works flawlessly so having to pop out and pop back in the SD card isnt a huge showstopper, but I thought you'd like to know about it.

2002 WS6, All-Lunati 383 Strok'r @11:1, Cartek Heads, Keith/Ross Racing Custom Cam, Victor Jr., 492whp 457wtq,
    Cartek Clutch, 9" Moser w/4.11's, 35 spline Detroit Locker, QA1's, NX, BMR, Tuned w/ EFILive V2 Black Box Logging
    Check Out My Latest Tune File: HERE

i checked the size of the SD cards and they're the same.. went to go logging and sure enough it lost connection, got home and there was about 1 second of data.. im gonna start using the other card and see how it works..

An update on what I have found recently... it is as if the springs in the V2 are weakening... because now when I wiggle the SD card, the "SD" in the display will disappear and reappear. This is the problem causing my error message when I try to start logging or download lod files. So, I stacked up two small pieces of electrical take on the SD card, thus making it thicker and reinstalled it into my V2... now no more errors, no more 1 second logs after a hour of driving.. Simple but effective.
    Last edited by Goldfinger911; September 13th, 2008 at 06:02 AM.

Lifetime Member

yes they are fickle for sure