Quote Originally Posted by kbracing96 View Post
Well, I can tell you from first had experience that neither E85 or even strait ethanol or menthol will hurt your paint if you spill it on it. It's just not there long enough before it evaporate. I've ran a fair bit of E85 though my truck and spilled a bit when refueling as well as I have Meth injection for my turbo that uses the windshield washer tank, that's still functional as such and sprayed wwf, strait meth, ethanol and various mixtures of all on the windshield and paint and nothing is pealing, faded or discolored. But all this is OT, so back to the discussion at hand
Acrylic finish on the car stained in 10 secs before it was washed off. Remembering auto acrylic is a reasonably dated technology. Have not checked out more modern finishes. Epoxy floor paint stained (dissolved?) more vigourously than acetone, for example, within a minute.

And have seen methanol do similar to (acrylic?) auto paint, though that may have been the nitromethane in the methanol too.

Soaking "rubber" high pressure fuel hose for a week has turned the E85 yellow. No evidence yet of breakdown of the inside of the hose.

This may all be due to additives in the E85 here. Something to watch.