Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Basic tuning question

Default Basic tuning question

I am new to efi live. got my truck tuned with it from a reseller with a small tow tune. But now i want to experiment a little.

Are there just a few main tables that get changed with most tunes,or are there hundreds that must be changed?

If theres just a handful of them could someone list them for me?

At the top left of the page, click on "User CP" and fill out a signature about your truck...It will help us help you
    2007 CC/SB 4WD, McRat EFI Live, Trans, Trans Cooler and C3 clutch oiling mod by Mike L., SD Sleeves, SoCal Diesel

2002 CC/DRW 2WD, McRat EFI Live, Trans, Trans Cooler and C3 clutch oiling mod by Mike L., SoCal Diesel

sorry about that, maybe this helps
    2001 chevy duramax LB7 extend. cab short box 4WD
    EFIlive w/tow tune 285/75-16 dueler revos. pyro and boost , everything else stock.

B0720, 0721, 0741, 0727, 0910

Those should get you started...
    2007 CC/SB 4WD, McRat EFI Live, Trans, Trans Cooler and C3 clutch oiling mod by Mike L., SD Sleeves, SoCal Diesel

2002 CC/DRW 2WD, McRat EFI Live, Trans, Trans Cooler and C3 clutch oiling mod by Mike L., SoCal Diesel

It may be a good idea to leave 0741 alone. I left that one alone in an attempt to keep it somewhat safe and have still limped my tranny three times. I'm not sure if tranny was properly cared for before I owned it, but I know I haven't so that may have contributed. If you want I can send you the tune I had in there last. I'm still learning too though. But that tune was fast and it would blow some smoke if I wanted it too.

Hey thanks for the tips , sparky, I am still pretty jumpy about what I go to try in the truck, so if that tune was kind of hot I probably shouldn't even look at it yet until I get my bearings a little with efilive. But thanks for the offer!!
    2001 chevy duramax LB7 extend. cab short box 4WD
    EFIlive w/tow tune 285/75-16 dueler revos. pyro and boost , everything else stock.

I've adjusted B0741 on several trucks with a stock transmission, no limps...Some are stronger than others I suppose...

1hotduramax, let me know if you need any help...

Anyone here ever done performance tuning for better MPG? I have an idea to tune the fuel lower, adjust timing, and lower the boost, and see if there is a stable safe lower performance, lower fuel, performance level that I can tune it to, and then boost back to stock from there. Has anyone ever tried such a setup? Thanks, Gene

PS: I don't have my dream motor yet, but I am thinking about doing this tuning for a Hot Rod project using a diesel 6.6L Duramax V8, or the new Duramax V6 that GM is coming out with, or the new V8 Cummins or the new V6 Cummins. Today, I have a 2002 Common Rail Cummins 4 cylinder (ISBe170), and I might be able to fiddle with that computer also. Thanks...

Lifetime Member

Just an FYI, GMs new Duramax is going to be a V8 for sure, there are already prototypes out. 4.5L V8 with reverse flow intake/exhaust that fits inside a normal GM small block V8 package, this engine is destined to be swapped into lots of older rides to make lots of horespower.

That sounds like a good idea, but why waste the $$$ on a Juice when you can just buy a FlashScan V2 and do tune switching on the fly with a few button clicks and have 5 custom tunes vs the generic Juice ones? Yes its only for the LB7 and LLY D-Maxes right now, but if thats what you're looking at IMO its a much better and more cost-effective way of doing what you're looking to do.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    That sounds like a good idea, but why waste the $$$ on a Juice when you can just buy a FlashScan V2 and do tune switching on the fly with a few button clicks and have 5 custom tunes vs the generic Juice ones? Yes its only for the LB7 and LLY D-Maxes right now, but if thats what you're looking at IMO its a much better and more cost-effective way of doing what you're looking to do.
    Can someone explain to me how the FlashScanV2 works? I don't know much about them. What I need is the ability to push a button, and the tune changes to that setting. I can not ask a Hot Rod customer who knows nothing about the FlashScan to go through a reprogramming process. It needs to be dirt simple and work on the fly as they are driving.

Can the FlashScan do this?

Anyone live in Beaverton Oregon who can show me a working FlashScan system so I can see how easy it is to do?

Thanks! Gene
    1949 Dodge Power Wagon Crewcab Project
    2002 Cummins ISBe170 3.9L 4 Cyl. Common Rail Turbo Diesel...
    NV4500 5 Speed, NP205 Transfer Case...
    14 Bolt and Dana 44 Axles...
    Dream motor might be a 6.6L Duramax V8 (LB7)
    503-627-5774 (Work)
    503-267-1648 (Mobile)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast