Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Basic tuning question

Lifetime Member

FlashScan V2 can do this, but its more of a DIY tuning tool or workshop tool. It is NOT a Hypertech, Superchips, etc programmer you just plug n play, you have to learn what individual tables need to be changed (just ask around here, lots of help). But, when BBF (BlackBox Flashing or standalone flashing) is implemented, AutoCal will take on the feature you want. Be able to send a customer an AutoCal unit with a custom tune, have them read their current tune out, email it to you, and then you can change it and email it back to them. And as of now only the LB7/LLY and some E38/E67s can switch tunes on the fly.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Yeah, I just found out about EFI-Live yesterday. So, it is still like a firhose for me. A lot to absorb without actually seeing it to undersdtand it. I am a very visual person. I need to see one of these working. I live in Beaverton, Oregon. So, it would be nice to see one in action locally.

Eventually I'll know what you mean when you say things like BBF being implemented. I have no clue what that means right now.

Thanks. EFI-Live Newby here... Gene
    1949 Dodge Power Wagon Crewcab Project
    2002 Cummins ISBe170 3.9L 4 Cyl. Common Rail Turbo Diesel...
    NV4500 5 Speed, NP205 Transfer Case...
    14 Bolt and Dana 44 Axles...
    Dream motor might be a 6.6L Duramax V8 (LB7)
    503-627-5774 (Work)
    503-267-1648 (Mobile)

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Climer97007 View Post
    Yeah, I just found out about EFI-Live yesterday. So, it is still like a firhose for me. A lot to absorb without actually seeing it to undersdtand it. I am a very visual person. I need to see one of these working. I live in Beaverton, Oregon. So, it would be nice to see one in action locally.

Eventually I'll know what you mean when you say things like BBF being implemented. I have no clue what that means right now.

Thanks. EFI-Live Newby here... Gene
    I know how it is, we've all been there. Im from Seattle currently living in Spokane, WA and I might be roadtripping down to Portland sometime in November/Dec/Jan timeframe (hopefully Nov, but who knows). If you wanted to meet up I could show you the software and what Ive done to my TrailBlazer, but it wont be the same as I have an oddball PCM and a gasser vs a diesel. You should go ahead and download V7.5.5.72 from the homepage and poke around in the software. There are Duramax bins in the sample folder plus more on other diesel forums. Ive looked at some stock files and then at tuned ones back to back to see what the differences are, thats the best way to learn IMO.

What I mean by BBx (either 'L' for logging or 'F' for flashing) is the ability to use the FlashScan V2 device on its own without carrying a laptop around to tune or log data from your truck. BBL is (almost out?) of beta now and BBF should be implemented here soon. I cant wait to load a bunch of custom tunes onto an SD card then just be able to select whatever tune I want with a few button clicks.
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    I know how it is, we've all been there. Im from Seattle currently living in Spokane, WA and I might be roadtripping down to Portland sometime in November/Dec/Jan timeframe (hopefully Nov, but who knows). If you wanted to meet up I could show you the software and what Ive done to my TrailBlazer, but it wont be the same as I have an oddball PCM and a gasser vs a diesel.

Sure, I'll buy you lunch or dinner or whatever.
    I just want to see how a user would actualy use the device.
    The idea here is to make some custom tune settings, and install them on a vehicle so that a totally non-trechnical user could dial up one of several different profiles on the fly.

While I understand it can be done, some people mention just a few clicks. Well, to a tuner, a few clicks is nothing compared to hours on a dyno. But, to a non technical person driving their truck to the farm, it is like, what? You want me to click what? They just want to push a green button that says "Level 1", and away it goes, and then a yellow button that says "Level 2" and away it goes. And then maybe a red button that says "Caution, Drag Profile" and then "VaaVoom", off it goes!

So, anyway, I want to see how simple this can work. Maybe the settings can be stored into a Juice? Or who knows, I am still trying to get a handle on how this actually works in practice.

Thanks,
    Gene
    1949 Dodge Power Wagon Crewcab Project
    2002 Cummins ISBe170 3.9L 4 Cyl. Common Rail Turbo Diesel...
    NV4500 5 Speed, NP205 Transfer Case...
    14 Bolt and Dana 44 Axles...
    Dream motor might be a 6.6L Duramax V8 (LB7)
    503-627-5774 (Work)
    503-267-1648 (Mobile)

Lifetime Member

Yea I understand completely, the beauty of the V2 is you just plug it in, select your truck, hit Switchable tunes and select whichever one you want and its loaded. It works differently than a Juice/etc as the tunes are actually programmed into the ECM vs switched inside the Juice.

Ill let you know when Im headed down, prob be like a Sat or Sun lunch thingy. Its amazing the power associated with this software/hardware package, a few wrong clicks and you can cause havoc! Ive done it a few times, but quickly figured out what went wrong...
    ~Erik~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12