Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold Start Enrichment in pre-2003 COS

Exclamation Cold Start Enrichment in pre-2003 COS

I just stumbled across the same problem with the ECT enrichment table A0008not working as others have before.
    I'm using COS3 in a 2000 Corvette with a 02020003 calibration. Unfortunately the updated calibration that was provided earlier ( http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4285 ) isn't working for my COS since mine is a 2002 COS.
    Is there a way to update the 02020003 cal also or can you suggest a work around solution?
    Could a switch to COS5 get rid of the problem? Is there an OS for the Corvette for COS5 (I only know the one for F-Bodys)
    I live in Michigan and the winter is coming close and I drive my car daily, so I would need to have some kind of cold start enrichment in the next time.

Thanks
    Alex

Anyone has an idea how to solve this issue? I've searched through the archives but couldn't find anything related beside the known problems with the 2003+ COS.
    Thanks Alex

Small update on my problem:
    I upgraded my COS#3 to COS#5 (2020005) yesterday to see if the OS was the reason for the lacking function of the A0008 ECT enrichment table.
    It was not the reason. Still, the enrichment on cold starts isn't working, so I guess it has other reasons to behave like that.
    Is there anything that enables/disables the functions of the COSs? My IAT adjustment table A00014 works very good though.

Hey Alex,
    Unfortunately I don't have an answer to your problem, only my sharing in your problem. I posted with the same issue about 2 weeks ago with no responses. I'm sure if you check out the log included with my post it will look very similar to what you are experiencing. In the mean time, TTT, and I'm subscribing. If you want to take a look at my tune for comparison, it is here: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=9064

Thanks for chiming in! There are obviously more than a few people having this problem. The user hpcubed seems to experience the same.
    Right now I used the temporary fix that was suggested by Whippled 496 (see http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....&highlight=ect ) to have at least some kind of cold start enrichment. It works ok but is of course just a bandaid. Being able to use A0008 as it was designed, would be much easier and accurate.
    I'm driving in OLSD mode. Do you use your MAF sensor?
    Which calibration do you use? I see that you also have MY2000 vehicle.

To the EFILive staff and admins:

Are there any plans to investigate the above described problem or do we have to deal with it ourselves without customer service?
    Any response is highly appreciated.

Thanks
    Alex

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Looking at it...
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Hi Paul,

did you had the chance to look at the problem? If you need more log files with the problem, let me know.

Regards, Alex

Any news regarding the problem?

I just happened to try {A0008} today and it worked for me and I have a 97 C5 upgraded to a 02pcm and upgraded to COS#5.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast