Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EFIlive freezing with road runner!

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VT LS1 NZ View Post
    Are you still having issues??

I recently upgraded software from 7.5.3(B36) to 7.5.5(B74) and have been experiencing all the same symptoms above in fact I know of others as well having the same issues.This becomes very frustrating.

I went back to software 7.5.3 and the scan/Tune & Roadrunner run faultlessly.
    The RR I have here works fine with the latest release so I am struggling to figure out what the problem is.

Can you bring your RR (in vehicle), FlashScan and laptop over here sometime before Wed night? If so, I'll take a look and see if I can figure out the problem.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Im still having all the same issues with mine!

I have not tried going back in software so really don’t know if that helps in my case..

If you cant make it over Darren I think I could get one to Paul tomorrow to have a look at, I have a pretty busy day but I would really like to get to the bottom of this, I might just have to send the boy over just let me know guys..

Just to let you know im running V7.5.4 build 66...

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

I'll be here all day, if someone can show me the problem, I'm sure I can fix it once and for all. Send me an email to paul@efilive.com to organize a time.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by rally1 View Post
    Im still having all the same issues with mine!

I have not tried going back in software so really don’t know if that helps in my case..

If you cant make it over Darren I think I could get one to Paul tomorrow to have a look at, I have a pretty busy day but I would really like to get to the bottom of this, I might just have to send the boy over just let me know guys..
    Ive connected Paul and I'll make a visit tomorrow hopefully we'll get it sorted.
    856RWHP 408 Supercharged LS1 Holden Commodore.

Excellent guys I will be waiting to hear the out come as this has been really annoying me for some time now...

Paul’s place is almost Manukau Darren… if you have time on the way home call into work.. I would love to have a look over your car before you come in to break our dyno

Looking forward to seeing the results from this, as mine will stop updating and freeze the tuner completely. Same here, reboot and go again. It does this at least 1 time everytime I work on the file. Works get when it works, pain in the ass when it freezes. lol

Smile

Ok its all related to the drivers.
    You need to delete the Roadrunner drivers and run the flashscan drivers for the Roadrunner.

With RR connected go to "Device manager" and find and delete the RR driver.
    Do a FTClean of the RR driver (enter 6001 in the Pid hex).
    Then reconnect RR and install it using the Flashscan driver.
    Open the Tune tool go to Edit/Properties/RR and change the RR connection type to Native USB.

Ive tested mine for two days now without fault ,You don't have to worry about plugging which USB in first or when you plug it in I haven't faulted it.
    This should save a lot of head aches for a lot of you out there.
    856RWHP 408 Supercharged LS1 Holden Commodore.

With RR connected go to "Device manager" and find and delete the RR driver.
    Do a FTClean of the RR driver (enter 6001 in the Pid hex).
    Then reconnect RR and install it using the Flashscan driver.
    Open the Tune tool go to Edit/Properties/RR and change the RR connection type to Native USB.
    VT LS1 NZ came in and carried out this change on my computer and it has been running faultlessly for the past two days

Thanks Paul and Darren for sorting this one out, it means one less stress factor in my day

Is there a solution for this problem in Vista. My RR continues to emulate without a hitch, but the scan software loses connection with the vehicle while the RR is connected. Needless to say this makes RTACS impossible to use. I have the driver for the RR in Vista that Craig has posted on his site, is there a better/different one from EFI that corrects this problem?
    Wade

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast