Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ASR randomly turns off

Some comments on your tune file (from post #4):
    - VE table may have been increased too much initially.
    - Since your PE is EQ1.00 (AFR14.63) then set the upper MAP columns of B3605 a little richer (say EQ1.14 (AFR12.83)) just to be safe from damage.
    - be aware that your stoich AFR is 14.63 (see B3601)... (some calibrations use 14.68).

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Have you checked the wiring for the TPS sensor...?
    Have you checked for correct behaviour of the TPS sensor by viewing the TPS pid...?
    First off thank you everyone for the support. JoeCar I went out tonight and checked all the wires and fuses and they are all in good shape. Since this was the case I figured I might as well use the sweet software that I bought, and test the TPS voltage. First off let me say that the uses for EFILive are ENDLESS. I started off by making a map to record the TPS Voltage for the different Throttle percentages. Then I recorded a log, (with the car off )

The Log --> TPS Voltage_2.efi

Then I took the data from the log and placed it into a spread sheet and made a graph.

Spread sheet --> TPS Voltage.xls . Graph --> Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Graph.JPG 
Views:	204 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	4011

From this data it seems that the TPS Sensor is in working condition.

Thanks,
    -CoryF
    Last edited by CoryF; October 7th, 2008 at 06:05 PM. Reason: typos
    2001 Camaro SS #2070
    -K&N FIPK, P/P TB, 227/231 .614/.617 111+4, UD Pulley, LT headers, OFY, Dumped 3" Exhaust, !AIR, KONI 4/4, Spec 3+ w/ Aluminum Fly Wheel, 4.10's, Custom EFILive Tune

Argh...dude, buy a new TB.
    I see a huge headache for you coming with this.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ItzNota View Post
    Argh...dude, buy a new TB.
    I see a huge headache for you coming with this.
    HAHAHA I thought about buying a new TB, because I am feeling the headache coming from this.
    BUT!
    I think I may have found the problem last night. It is kinda hard to see from the graph but when the blade was shut the TPS Voltage was resting at what the computer would round to 0.7V or 0.8V which is read as ~0.7% throttle. It this point I thought that the set screw wouldn't go any further but I pulled it out and sanded the top where it threads in just a little to remove the burrs from when it was threaded and was able to get the screw in a bit deeper. Now I was able to set the TPS voltage at 0.549V which reads as 0.0% throttle and I took her out to do some AutoVE tuning and the idle was simply amazing. 110% better, it took a bit for it to learn the RPM's, control the ramp down and rolling in neutral. But after the drive I was VERY impressed with the idle.

I have not had a chance to go out and check the IAC steps yet, but I plan on doing that today to find out for sure if I need to have the TB hole welded and drilled smaller.

Now if I could just snap my fingers and have a perfect MainVE Table, I would be one hell of a happy camper, doin my happy dance!

I'll post up more information as I find it. Oh ya JoeCar thank you for the input on the tune. I increased the MainVE my 15% like the tutorial said the first time, last night I loaded a stock one increased by 5% and it ran much better, so I've been fighting too much fuel for like 16+ StreetAutoVE tunes now. Live and you learn... Thanks guys for the continued support.

Thanks,
    -CoryF
    2001 Camaro SS #2070
    -K&N FIPK, P/P TB, 227/231 .614/.617 111+4, UD Pulley, LT headers, OFY, Dumped 3" Exhaust, !AIR, KONI 4/4, Spec 3+ w/ Aluminum Fly Wheel, 4.10's, Custom EFILive Tune

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12