Thread: Where to Start on an LB7?

Default Where to Start on an LB7?

Hey guys,
    I've got an LBZ that I've been tuning and it's going rather well...a buddy of mine wants his LB7 tuned and the tables seem a lot different so I was hoping someone could tell me where to start adjusting? I'm looking for a good 50-70 horse gain for towing, but would like a have 100 horses added when at full throttle. My LBZ lets you type a torque value in based on throttle position and it will deliver the required amount of fuel without much adjustment to a certain point, 812 lb ft of torque is max before you have to adjust fueling....the LB7 of course doesn't have a table like this...so like I said where do I start making the power at? The injectors seem to be okay, my buddy said the original owner had them replaced under warranty... Perhaps someone could send me a tune similar to what I'm looking for? Thanks guys!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here's a tow tune you can try...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2007 CC/SB 4WD, McRat EFI Live, Trans, Trans Cooler and C3 clutch oiling mod by Mike L., SD Sleeves, SoCal Diesel

2002 CC/DRW 2WD, McRat EFI Live, Trans, Trans Cooler and C3 clutch oiling mod by Mike L., SoCal Diesel

Awesome man, I'll give this a shot and kinda compare things and that'll help out a ton I'm sure. Thanks for the help!

One more question, will it make a difference if his OS # is different from the one on the tune you sent me?

You always want to base the tune off the stock OS. Some stuff such as A/C might not work otherwise. The easiest way to do this is use a script. This link explains how to do it. http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/sho...hlight=scripts A few things to watch for though are fuel tank size and speedo settings. If they show up in the script I just edit them out in note pad.
    '04 LB7, AEM Brute Force HD Intake, 4" into 5" single stack, Kennedy Boost valve, EFILive