Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Linux Version

Default Linux Version

With the new exploit in Windows it may be "game over" for Windows , so is EFILive going to port to Mac or Linux ? http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...endered-usless
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

does`nt seem like much to worry about,
    for us XP users.

Interesting read

The linky at the bottom of the page is more detailed : http://www.neowin.net/news/main/08/0...by-new-exploit
    Remember when XP first came out , "Most secure OS ever" , XP has more holes than a piece of Swiss cheese on a shotgun range .
    Just thought I would let the Vista guys on here know what to expect .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

This is not a surprise. Microsoft is a marketing machine. That's all. Windows and security do not belong in the same sentence. I expect the the uber black hats have had some extreme tools waiting for the right time and place. If they ever use them, the whole world will crash. On their command.

A few years back I think Paul asked if there was interest in a Linux version. No one responded. I'd love it if they ported but I'd rather they focus on making V2 a reality first
    2001 Camaro SS
    EFILive Custom OS3

Hmmmm...

I'm not surprised... I definitely don't like Microsoft in any shape or form... (and I don't like that Vista forces you to upgrade your hardware to have any reasonable performance...)... but I do see that VMware has it's own motives (Windows runs on VMware's Fusion... ...if MS went away, then there would be no royalties to pay).

All the big OEM's (IBM, HP, Dell...) are pushing to have Linux (basically free) be the standard enterprise/business OS running on all the servers they sell... they have a huge interest to see MS go away... and I don't blame them, MS puts them thru high hell/expense to certify Windows on each different server/hardware configuration they sell (this is where MS make most of their money... not from the ~$100 personal purchases of Windows).

I wouldn't port to Linux just yet... the various kernels are changing too often (the big OEM's Big Customers are complaining loudly about this...)... wait till Linux is older and more steady state...

So when will EFILive be ported to Mac OS X...?

or iPhone 2.0.1?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post

So when will EFILive be ported to Mac OS X...?
    V2 finished , heck V2 will not be finished until V3 comes out .
    Yes Mac-Intel-osh would be nice at least it is Unix , maybe Mac-AMD-osh soon .
    Someone has got to break the phobia about Linux apps , which can be written with out being Kernel dependent , you just need application layers like GTK , Pearl , Python etc ....
    I digress , a MAC port would be the best and most likely hope of occurring .
    2006 Trailblazer

IIRC, some (long) time back it was said V2 would have a documented API, which would then open up the cable to other apps, or other OSes ... !?
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast