Thread: Auto VE with 1Bar MAP and Boost?

Default Auto VE with 1Bar MAP and Boost?

Can I do Auto VE with a 1 Bar MAP on a STS turbo system or do I stand a chance of going lean in boost. I am running a T60-1 turbo on a 6.0 and it always seems to be in boost.

If not, is there another way to tune VE or should I just try to fine tune the MAF.

This is my daily driver and I think I may be better off overall with the MAF in the equation but I could be wrong. I live on the east coast in NB Canada and we see a large variation in seasonal conditions.

I am driving a '03 1500HD Silverado with WCCH Stage II heads and a 208/208 cam with .54 lift with a 114LSA (intake at 112)2. on a Rex built forged block with stock displacement and compression.

Just needs a little fine tuning to improve throttle response and transition tuning.

Thanks very much

Lifetime Member

Hey Mort,

You have some nice GO Fast goodies on your truck. It would be ashame to work around a 1 Bar MAP sensor. Get yourself a 2 Bar MAP. They don't cost very much and that is what you should really have in there anyway.

Jeff
    Last edited by Lextech; October 8th, 2008 at 03:55 AM. Reason: spelling=brain fart
    98 GMC RCSB 2WD, Internally stock 305 w/Twin T-3 junkyard Turbos,4L80e,Ramjet intake,42lb.inj., 0411PCM, COS3,4675LBS w/me in it. Best Time on 5 passes-13.01@110

Welcome to the forum Mort. As Lextech pointed out, it would be a very good idea to invest in a 2 or 3 bar MAP sensor to avoid any complications with the tune.

Thanks for the advice on going 2 bar. I have just been very hesitant to give it a try. I have no idea what I have been hesitant about, I just figured the MAF would be better for a daily driver but I do want to fine tune this a bit so I guess it is time to bite the bullet and go for 2 bar. I am sure I will be back for some more advice once I read through the basic set up once or twice.