Thread: Dtc p0430

Default Dtc p0430

Anyone get this code before and if you did how did you fix it?
    I am thinking it is an issue with either one of the Oxygen Sensors or possibly a bad High Flow Cat.

Any ideas?

If the O2 sensor was bad you would get an O2 code...

P0420 (bank 1, LHS) or P0430 (bank 2, RHS) show up when the catalytic converter has lost/degraded it's ability to function (storing oxygen and oxidizing HC/CO, reducing NOx)... when conditions are correct the PCM runs the test at idle... it drives the AFR rich and then lean for a few moments and times the reaction between sensor 1 (front) and sensor 2 (rear).

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    If the O2 sensor was bad you would get an O2 code...

P0420 (bank 1, LHS) or P0430 (bank 2, RHS) show up when the catalytic converter has lost/degraded it's ability to function (storing oxygen and oxidizing HC/CO, reducing NOx)... when conditions are correct the PCM runs the test at idle... it drives the AFR rich and then lean for a few moments and times the reaction between sensor 1 (front) and sensor 2 (rear).
    That is what I figured...these High Flow Cats that I got were from SLP and I did not buy them longer than 2 months ago....I will give them a call and see what I can do about replacement.

Thanks for the super quick response Joe...you da'man!