Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: to run OL MAF

Default to run OL MAF

plan on dyno tuning monday....want to run OL MAF....right now Im OLSD...what all do I need to reenable to run OL MAF....I plan on tuning my MAF table on the street tomorrow and hitting up the dyno to clean up WOT fueling/timing
    Once I have my VE and MAF tables done....then i can reenable DFCO by setting temp back to stock, correct?.....leave the commanded when in open loop to 14.68 at operating temp....i have my PE set as I wish....Leave LTRIMS disabled....leave closed loop temp enable as i have it in OLSD....what should I do with my low octane spark table as its matched to my High Octane table right now?.....Put P0102,03, and 04 back to stock....set C2901 and C2902 back to stock fail freqs. Set C2903 back to stock....
    Am I forgetting anything?
    Any tips for the dyno monday...I will be renting it for an hour
    Kurt

Kurt,

You got it... set C2901-3 back to stock, set B5914 back to stock, set B0120 to zero, leave DFCO disabled, leave CL disabled.

Keep CFOL and PE as you have them (I assume you are sufficiently rich at WOT/load).

When MAF table is all done, set B0120 back to stock, and enable DFCO if you wish.

Which car and which OS are you running...?

2002 Z06 OS 12221588
    my whole CFOL is 14.68....PE slopes 13.1 to 12.5 at high rpm also modified PE enable TP% so it goes into PE 5% earlier than stock

btw joe i was going to tune the MAF table off of the VE table...not tune the VE then tune the MAF separately...that way they play nice together
    If I dont have it ready for monday...Im going to tune OLSD on the dyno

did a couple of logs today...heres my second log....WOT fueling is pretty close....the tune and log are attached.....before i loaded it in the car....my previous logs kept having me taking out of the 15kpa column of the ve table.....i have lean decel and it kept having me take it out.....so i added a bunch in and blended out this goofy looking lip at the 400-1200rpm 15-35ish kPa area.....still a little lean on decel and rich in some areas...but i dont think i should be taking 20% out as my map is saying....almost impossible to hit those mid kPa cells at upper RPMs but I did the best I can....if Im that high in the RPMs im going to be in the trottle so im not too worried bout it....check out frames 13050 to 13200 i have a good 1st thru 3rd gear run....car feels stout....any tips as to that far left 15kPa column and what I should do about MAP having me take VE out of it?....or should I just get it close and leave it since when im done and I'll have DFCO enabled and every time im on decel it will cut fuel.....also pulled about a degree of timing out of the 3600-5200 area of the timing table as i was getting KR there...then added a degree up top....didnt get ANY KR at WOT...so Im leaving the spark table like this until i hit the dyno to see what makes the most power without getting KR
    thanks for the look
    Kurt
    Attached Files Attached Files

sorry to hijack but, what size injectors do you have?

36lb FAST....same injectors that came in the GM ASA car....pulled injector specs out of the ASA tune

B3608 and B3609....08 is at 0 seconds 09 is at 1 second...which table wins....?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtomac View Post
    did a couple of logs today...heres my second log....WOT fueling is pretty close....the tune and log are attached.....before i loaded it in the car....my previous logs kept having me taking out of the 15kpa column of the ve table.....i have lean decel and it kept having me take it out.....so i added a bunch in and blended out this goofy looking lip at the 400-1200rpm 15-35ish kPa area.....still a little lean on decel and rich in some areas...but i dont think i should be taking 20% out as my map is saying....almost impossible to hit those mid kPa cells at upper RPMs but I did the best I can....if Im that high in the RPMs im going to be in the trottle so im not too worried bout it....check out frames 13050 to 13200 i have a good 1st thru 3rd gear run....car feels stout....any tips as to that far left 15kPa column and what I should do about MAP having me take VE out of it?....or should I just get it close and leave it since when im done and I'll have DFCO enabled and every time im on decel it will cut fuel.....also pulled about a degree of timing out of the 3600-5200 area of the timing table as i was getting KR there...then added a degree up top....didnt get ANY KR at WOT...so Im leaving the spark table like this until i hit the dyno to see what makes the most power without getting KR
    thanks for the look
    Kurt
    The DFCO on my 02 was still enabled even after setting the disable temp to a high number that it could not attain(B3318). After I searched through the tuning software using the string "DFCO", I found a few other parameters that when experimented with appeared to disable it. According to the software, if you hit one turn off param, it goes off, but I'm not so sure this is true w/our OS.

In any case, the 15kpa column is where the most activity appears to occur.
    I would simply exclude data from your log for 15kpa and less. I took a stock table and looked at how things were setup on that side of the VE table compared to the rest of the data and applied a similar change.

In a stock table there is a 2%@400rpm to 17%@8000 in VE 20 to 15KPA for the VE table.
    07 Silverado DMax Classic
    02 Z06 LS3 416, 805rwhp, TFS245, Wiseco, Callies Crank/Rods, Iskendarian Lifters, Crower Rockers, FAST102/90, ATI Damper, 1-7/8 Kook's LT, QkTime Shield,Tolle-Fab 8pt
    Old Engine: 1/4mile = 9.6/146 New Engine:?

EFI Live Tune/Scan v7.5.27, EFI Live Scan and Tune v8.2.23, build 276, BootBlock 2.07.06, FirmWare 2.07.52, 512K RoadRunner (12.14.R), Innovate Serial LC2x2

COS5/12212156 For 2002 Z06 Manual Vette

when i first started VE tuning...i was having Rich decel...as time when on it went lean decel...seems like a fine line....
    TFZ...did you check out my log and tune....I did try and bring that portion of the VE table back up....not quite as much as stock...might try and bring it up some more and see what happens...gotta get it done quick though as I have a hour appointment on the dyno set for monday morning!

BTW TFZ I like your MAP of KR...I took about a degree out of the spark tables where i was getting what looked like real KR...and blended it back up above that and actually added a degree above 5200...to total 26 degrees of timing and no KR on todays log with a fresh tank of 93 and a can of TORCO added in...thanks for the tip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast