Thread: PIN out #'s for Electric Fans

Default PIN out #'s for Electric Fans

The problem is that in putting the 6L90E into my NNBS 1500 VMax I switched out the engine wiring harness to that of a 2500HD. The 2500 doesn't come with electric fans. I probably should have done some additional research to find a Denali wiring harness that would have worked but I didn't and here I sit.

So I'm wondering if anyone knows which wires from the ECM would light the fans up??? Being that my truck was wired for them previously I would think it might be a plub and play. But what to plug into I don't know.

Old VIN# #1GTHK24K17E598181 doesn't come with electric fans. I used this vin to order my wiring harness too..

New VIN#
    #2GTEK638071697432 Currently installed but doesn't power the fans on... So I'm hopeful that just wiring from the ecm to the fan relay will turn them on.

I think the schematics are on there way. Thanks AL

Lifetime Member

Here's are some pics of the ECM connectors with the pin out info.

Pic 1

Pic 2

We do get a number of requests about reconfiguring the fans.
    The last time I looked at this I think we counted nearly 200 calibrations for fan control and diagnostics!. Maybe I'm looking too far in to it, but it seems very complex to get it working for each particular fan set up.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I should be able to hook EFI Live V2 up to this and make it work right With only 200 cals at least you don't have any excuses for NOT doing a COS for FANS...lol. I'm sure you guys could par it down to a lot less than 200 and have it working nicely.

Lifetime Member

Put a clutch fan on it man, they work GREAT!!

Quote Originally Posted by MN C5 View Post
    I should be able to hook EFI Live V2 up to this and make it work right With only 200 cals at least you don't have any excuses for NOT doing a COS for FANS...lol. I'm sure you guys could par it down to a lot less than 200 and have it working nicely.
    I know as an end user the following statement makes no difference to you....."E38 & E67 factory OS count = 67"

That is the figure that pops in to my head whenever I hear the sentence "On the E38, how hard would it be......."

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I know as an end user the following statement makes no difference to you....."E38 & E67 factory OS count = 67"

That is the figure that pops in to my head whenever I hear the sentence "On the E38, how hard would it be......."

Cheers,
    Ross
    I totally understand and really wasn't looking for a programming solution, just a way to work with what I've got. I'm a very satisfied EFI Live customer..

Thanks