Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashscan data logging..

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Hey Jody,

How's it going...?

Your LC-1 has power when the motor is running, right...?
    Do a heater calibration and a free air calibration.

First do this:
    - connect V2 to your PC and start EFILive Explorer (EE);
    - on the bottom pane of EE, click on the FIrmware tab;
    - it should show the versions of firmware and bootblock, tell me what they say.

Connect your wideband serial AFR cable from the LC-1 SERIAL OUT port to the RJ12 port on the top edge of V2 next to the USB port.
    Plug the stereo terminator plug into the LC-1 SERIAL IN port.
    Then you have to enable serial afr pids in the V2 setup options (navigate down into there from the V2 LCD/keypad).
    You will then be able to talk to your LC-1 from V2 (to do a free air calibration, and to read the AFR and LC-1 status).

Send me your Options.ini file, it has now changed to Options.txt, I can transcibe the pids over.

Cheers,
    Joe
    Did not see that but, I did find the WO2 type, it was in unknown. So, I switched to innovate as that the kind I have. Ill see if that will work.

*edit*.. I got the AF to display on the V2, the numbers from my gauge to the V2 are about 1 off. Ill recalibrate the 02 and see if it helps. But, for some reason I cant get it to display on the EFILive Scan page.

*edit* i got it. its all good to go. Time to try and recal the 02.
    Last edited by waterbug1999; May 2nd, 2009 at 09:17 AM.

1999 Trans Am. 10.71 @ 126 - stock bottom end-

How do you recal the O2 from the V2?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Heater Calibration:
    - power off and disconnect the sensor from the module,
    - power it on and wait a few moments,
    - then power off and reconnect the sensor to the module,
    - then power it on, wait a few moments.

Free Air Calibration:
    - after leaving motor off overnight, use FlashScan V2 to initiate the free air calibration.
    ok.. i just did this. But, in the V2 it asked for Volt #'s. I found this;
    * 0.88333 Volts at AFR: 10.00
    * 4.21667 Volts at AFR: 20.00

I entered these. IS the 02 suppose to get hot? Its warm.

well, when its warming up the gauge in the car says -1.4 And I think thats about how much the V2 and the gauge are off. How do I adjust that and which on is right or did I enter in wrong numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by waterbug1999 View Post
    says version is 2.5.20
    and bootblock is 2.5.08
    Ok, you have to upgrade both software and bootblock/firmware...

1. install V7.5 from the above downloads;
    2. install V8 from the above downloads;
    3. Start->All Programs->EFILive->V7.5->Tools->Check For New Update and follow the prompts, wait for it to finish updating;
    4. Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->Tools->Check For New Update and follow the prompts, wait for it to finish updating;
    After that, do Help->About in scantool (ST) or tunetool (TT) and it should say build 84.

Start EFILive Explorer (EE), goto Firmware tab, click About, it should say Build 44;

Then, still in EE Firmware tab, update the bootblock to 2.06.02 (checkmark Bootblock box) and the firmware to 2.06.06 in that order.
    Last edited by joecar; May 3rd, 2009 at 09:31 AM.

After updating the V2 bootblock and firmware (2.06.02 and 2.06.06) as shown above,

read this:
    Configure FlashScan and/or AutoCal for BB logging:

1. Using the EFILive_Explorer program, select the [Config Files] tab page. The explorer view in the top half of the window will automatically display the folder continaing the *.pmm and Options.tst files.
    2. If you have both FlashSCan and AutoCal connected to you PC, select the device you want to configure, by checking one of the FlashScan or AutoCal radio buttons in the lower right corner.
    3. Click the [Format] button to format the Config File system in FlashScan or AutoCal’s flash memory.
    When loading beta test updates, you SHOULD reformat the Config file system to ensure no incompatible files remain.
    4. Click and drag ALL files from the Config folder in the top half of the window to the [Config Files] tab page in the lower half of the window.--> you only need LS1B_A.pmm and Options.txt.
    Hint: hold down the Ctrl key (or Shift key) on the PC keyboard to select multiple files and then drag all highlighted files to the [Config Files] tab page.
    The Config file system is only about 1Mb in size. If you attempt to copy too many files or files that are too large, then the copy will fail. Make sure the only files that exist in the config folder are files that were extracted from the downloaded zip file. Sometimes files from older releases are left in the config folder, they should be deleted.
    Also, read this:
    Using BB Logging:

Before you can log any data you must format the Data File system. The Data File system and the Config File system (that you formatted earlier) are kept in different areas of the flash memory. You can safely format one without affecting the other. You can only format the Config File system using a PC and the EFILive Explorer program. That prevents you from accidentally erasing the configuration files while "out on the road".

FlashScan supports two Data File systems: An internal flash memory chip which can hold about 2.7Mb of data and an external SD Card that can hold between 64Mb and 2Gb.

To format the internal Data File system, press Ctrl+Backspace, then use the left/right arrow keys to change the File sys: setting to Internal and press OK, then to format the Internal file system, select: F4 Options -> F2 File System -> F3 Format File Sys.

To format the SD Card File system, press Ctrl+Backspace, then use the left/right arrow keys to change the File sys: setting to SD Card and press OK, then to format the Internal file system, select: F4 Options -> F2 File System -> F3 Format File Sys.

You can also format the SD card using a PC card reader. Select the FAT32 (or just FAT) file system when formatting the SD Card via a PC. If you do that, you must create two folders on the SD Card:
    \EFILive\V7\Scan (which will contain the BB logging files)
    \EFILive\V7\Tune (which will contain the tuning files)

WARNING:
    NEVER insert or remove the SD Card while Black Box Logging is in progress (or any other operation that writes data to the SD card), you will lose some or all of the data stored in the internal flash memory and/or data stored on the SD Card.
    The blue LED on FlashScan’s keypad will illuminate whenever FlashScan is writing data to internal or external flash memory. Note: the blue LED will only illuminate when the LED Mode is set to “S” (Status).
    1. Using FlashScan's keypad select F1 Select PIDs, then select the desired vehicle controller by using the up and down arrow keys, then Ok to select the desired controller.
    You can also set up hotkeys to quickly select one of four preset PID lists.
    2. Once you have selected a vehicle, FlashScan will return to the main menu.
    Select: F2 Scan Tool -> F1 Data Logging.
    Select F1 Record Data to begin recording, or F2 Display Data to display live data without recording.
    You can also just press the 0 key to start logging.
    3. Pressing Ok during data logging will toggle pause on/off, the same as using Ctrl+Spacebar in the PC based Scan Tool Software.
    4. Use the up and down arrow keys to reveal more PIDs.
    Use the Left and Right arrow keys to scroll up and down a page at a time.
    (Hint: When held down for more than about a 1/2 second, the keys will "auto-repeat" just like a PC keyboard.)
    5. Pressing F1..F4 and Ctrl+F1..Ctrl+F4 will insert the notes 1 thru 8 into the recorded data.
    6. Pressing Enter will toggle between Metric and Custom units.
    7. Pressing Ctrl+Enter will toggle between small and large text display.
    8. Pressing Ctrl+DownArrow, will toggle “inverse screen” on/off. Inverting the screen can help visibility in direct sunlight.
    Last edited by joecar; May 3rd, 2009 at 09:22 AM.

How do you recal the O2 from the V2?
    First, do heater cal:
    - remove sensor from LC-1 module and power up for a few seconds, then power off;
    - insert sensor into LC-1 modules and power up again.

After updating the V2 bootblock and firmware (2.06.02 and 2.06.06) as shown above,
    on the V2 LCD/keypad go F4 Options->F1 Setup->F1 Edit Settings and set the following:

Ser PIDs -> YES
    COM In -> Wide-O2
    COM Out -> Wide-O2
    WO2 Type -> Innovate
    WO2 Format -> Both
    WO2 Data -> AFR & EQ

Then, On V2 menu, go F2 Scan Tool->F1 Data Logging->F3 Display WO2 and select the controller;
    then press the power button (circle with vertical bar, overlays the zero key) and answer Yes;
    make sure sensor is in free air.
    Last edited by joecar; May 4th, 2009 at 02:20 AM.

Use attached Options.txt file, copy it to:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\EFILive\V8\Config

Then start EE, goto Config Files tab, drag these files from the upper pane to the lower pane:
    LS1B_A.pmm
    Options.txt

You only need the pmm file for your car (LS1B_A = 1999+ LS1 with A4 transmission (includes 12212156 and COS5)).

Exit EE, and remove USB cable.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by joecar; May 3rd, 2009 at 09:23 AM.

ok.. i just did this. But, in the V2 it asked for Volt #'s. I found this;
    * 0.88333 Volts at AFR: 10.00
    * 4.21667 Volts at AFR: 20.00

I entered these. IS the 02 suppose to get hot? Its warm.
    Since you have the serial AFR cable, yo don't need to set the AD voltages.

Connect:
    - the stereo terminator plug into LC-1 SERIAL IN,
    - connect the serial AFR cable (with null modem adapter) into LC-1 SERIAL OUT,
    - other end of serial cable goes to V2 RJ12 serial jack socket.
    Last edited by joecar; May 4th, 2009 at 02:28 AM.

Thanks... Ill try it next weekend as the car is back in my storage.

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast