Thread: Battery Voltage

Default Battery Voltage

I can download all the settings from my pcm and save the tune file but when I go to upload the new tune with the changes I get "battery voltage to low or to high" and then it says the upload was successful. When I take a reading again the changes are not there and everything is the same. I made sure all my interior lights are off and the battery is not dead. Anyone have an idea of whats wrong or some way to get around this?

Can you please let us know a little more on your set up?

Vehicle type
    Software versions (see Help > About in the Tuning Tool)
    V1 or V2 hardware

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

I had the EXACT same problem with my truck about 3 weeks ago. Since the flash screen said "Battery Voltage Too Hi or Low" I did a battery test to it at work. It was an 870CCA Delco that tested at 82CCA. I put a new battery in it and it reflashed perfectly.

Jeff
    98 GMC RCSB 2WD, Internally stock 305 w/Twin T-3 junkyard Turbos,4L80e,Ramjet intake,42lb.inj., 0411PCM, COS3,4675LBS w/me in it. Best Time on 5 passes-13.01@110

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Can you please let us know a little more on your set up?

Vehicle type
    Software versions (see Help > About in the Tuning Tool)
    V1 or V2 hardware

Cheers,
    Ross
    Its a 2002 GMC Sierra.
    Not sure Ill have to check when I get home.
    V1 hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Lextech View Post
    I had the EXACT same problem with my truck about 3 weeks ago. Since the flash screen said "Battery Voltage Too Hi or Low" I did a battery test to it at work. It was an 870CCA Delco that tested at 82CCA. I put a new battery in it and it reflashed perfectly.

Jeff
    So it doesn't matter if the vehicle starts and is running fine, if the CCA are to low then EFI wont flash the pcm?

Lifetime Member

That is the weird part. I had no indication that I had a bad battery. At work we have a pretty expensive Midtronics battery tester that we have to use for all warranty claims. I was surprised that I needed a battery, but the tester said it was bad and my V1 flashed perfectly after the battery install.

Jeff
    98 GMC RCSB 2WD, Internally stock 305 w/Twin T-3 junkyard Turbos,4L80e,Ramjet intake,42lb.inj., 0411PCM, COS3,4675LBS w/me in it. Best Time on 5 passes-13.01@110