Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: So.. was a new version released this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Actually I have been browsing for a Mac so I can port EFILive on to Mac OSX.

OMG, it might actually happen, iFlashscan.
    Last edited by GMPX; October 21st, 2008 at 04:52 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Actually I have been browsing for a Mac so I can port EFILive on to Mac OSX. The majority of my software development life has been writing C on Unix, so doing a Mac port would be like "going home".

Regards
    Paul

The sooner the better. I would love to dump my Windows partition....
    2019 Sierra 6.2l
    2017 2500HD L5P
    2010 2500HD LMM (sold)
    2005 Harley Ultra Classic

He doesn't have to call it iFlashScan or iScan or iFlash...

I develop linux device driver code and I don't name anything iXXXX or eXXXX...

I find that WinXP runs better on the VMware Fusion x86 virtual machine than it does on real x86 hardware... go figure...

I have a question......

So, when did the V2 start having hidden applications? I wondered what that extra switchable tune setting was for......

At least it could help pass the time while waiting for the next tuning job....

Please note the above image may have undergone some photo editing....

I tried, I really, really tried but Microsoft screwed me over. Here's what happened...

1. Under Windows XP I had version 8 working and running 100% in the C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8 folder. To uninstall, just delete the folder and the start menu and desktop shortcuts.

2. Then Vista came along with its new "security" model. Vista (by default) prevents applications from modifying files in C:\Program Files for security reasons. The only way to get around that is to give the application higher privileges.

3. So where should I store data that is to be modified by the software but not directly editable by the user? (i.e. Options.txt and *.ini files since I'm no longer using the registry)

4. Microsoft's solution (on Vista) was to create a new folder called C:\ProgramData (notice they obviously learned their lesson from the "Program Files" fiasco and did not include a space in the ProgramData folder name).

5. Problem is there is no C:\ProgramData on earlier versions of Windows by default.

6. Microsoft's solution is that developers should use \Documents and settings\All users\Application Data on earlier versions of Windows.

Microsoft -> <- Me

I seriously considered just installing EFILive into C:\EFILive and just opting out of Microsoft's "best practices" altogether. I may still do that...
    Gotcha . Go figure on M$ making everything difficult for the developers.

Actually I have been browsing for a Mac so I can port EFILive on to Mac OSX. The majority of my software development life has been writing C on Unix, so doing a Mac port would be like "going home".

Regards
    Paul
    NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Not the DEVIL!!! Mac's are EVIL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    I have a question......

So, when did the V2 start having hidden applications? I wondered what that extra switchable tune setting was for......
    Ah, see in development we get the updated colour version that also runs MAME

Breaking news: As MAME is an open source not for profit program this device has been scrapped. However, inside word is the real reason was the addition of an 'i' in the product name that caused GMPX to force all marketing personnel to sit on Judas chairs until they all agreed to never name a product beginning with a lower case i again.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Last edited by GMPX; October 22nd, 2008 at 01:57 AM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

I think I still have the Apple II GS and a Dec Alpha 250 with NT4 in the basement. Can't help with a iMac.
    2003 Chevy S10 4.3L LU3 LS1B Auto
    48 LB injectors
    Race Proven Motors 2114 intake
    T70 turbo.

Regards
    Paul

Ubuntu! What's Windows anyway? I haven't been there except at work in MONTHS!
    Early EFILive V5 user - Upgraded from AutoTap for DOS!
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28, A4 - For occasional day trips...
    1984 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - For the family...
    1989 Honda VTR250 - For me and me only...

Dang , there they go teasing again .
    I'll buy a Mac if it happens !
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger911 View Post
    ยท Added option to manually enter your own calibration verification numbers (CVN) for E40, E38, E67, T42 and T43 controllers. Workshops can now uniquely identify their own calibrations. This feature is only available to customers with a stream license for the target controller(s). It is available via the new [CVN] tab page on the calibration details window in the EFILive Tuning Tool software.
    Am I reading what I think I am reading?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast