Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So.. was a new version released this weekend?

Is this beta software? I installed it (and firmware) and can no longer data log via software. I get an error that it can't connect. I can connect and validate PIDs. The stand alone data logging does work. This is on an LBZ.

On another note... It's getting old having to uninstall the old version and then install the new version. If you are going to force an uninstall, the installer should do it. I also don't like the fact that I have to enter the license info every time and save my personal stuff associated with EFILive. I did not let the uninstall remove the registry entries when asked.
    2019 Sierra 6.2l
    2017 2500HD L5P
    2010 2500HD LMM (sold)
    2005 Harley Ultra Classic

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by jay p View Post
    Is this beta software? I installed it (and firmware) and can no longer data log via software. I get an error that it can't connect. I can connect and validate PIDs. The stand alone data logging does work. This is on an LBZ.

On another note... It's getting old having to uninstall the old version and then install the new version. If you are going to force an uninstall, the installer should do it. I also don't like the fact that I have to enter the license info every time and save my personal stuff associated with EFILive. I did not let the uninstall remove the registry entries when asked.
    Thanks! I thought it was just me.... it asked me to uninstall and I said forget it. Doesn't look like the updated version did anything for me at all.

Jay,

Can you post the text from the scantool's Console tab...?

I pm'd tech support.

Joe

Did you upgrade your boot block and firmware on your V2 as well?
    In looking at the package(s) the distribution is a complete release not just an update. Meaning;

-New v7.5
    -New v8.0
    -New Firmware 2.6.03
    -Latest Boot Block 2.6.02

2002 WS6, All-Lunati 383 Strok'r @11:1, Cartek Heads, Keith/Ross Racing Custom Cam, Victor Jr., 492whp 457wtq,
    Cartek Clutch, 9" Moser w/4.11's, 35 spline Detroit Locker, QA1's, NX, BMR, Tuned w/ EFILive V2 Black Box Logging
    Check Out My Latest Tune File: HERE

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Apologies for that.

Its along story, the short version is, we changed installers from InstallShield to InstallAware to provide automatic web based updates. InstallAware has "some problems" that we were told by InstallAware could not be fixed because they are, quote: "windows installer problems". So we ditched InstallAware for QSetup which does not suffer the same problems. The changeovers to various installers has caused a *lot* of headaches to try and make the transition as seamless as possible for our users. Unfortunately, some things are just not easily done.

I highly recommend uninstalling V7.5.4 (that was installed with InstallAware) before installing V7.5.5 which is installed using QSetup.

Now that we are using QSetup we are confident that future updates will be automatic, transparent and easy.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I just tried logging LBZ/AL5 combo and it logged ok. Can you generate an error report after trying (and failing) to log? File->Generate error report. Save it and email it to me at paul@efilive.com. Include a link to this thread so I know what its about.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    I just tried logging LBZ/AL5 combo and it logged ok. Can you generate an error report after trying (and failing) to log? File->Generate error report. Save it and email it to me at paul@efilive.com. Include a link to this thread so I know what its about.

Regards
    Paul
    LBZ should have AL6, not AL5

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post

Regards
    Paul

I will try and send you an error report tomorrow after I get up (work nights). I will also try a complete uninstall including the registry entries and see if that helps.

Jay
    2019 Sierra 6.2l
    2017 2500HD L5P
    2010 2500HD LMM (sold)
    2005 Harley Ultra Classic

OK, got it all installed... finally..... I have a couple of questions though.

1. The new install process logs everything so that it knows what needs to be uninstalled at a later date. Checking the "un-install" file indicates that it will remove my home directory. Is this correct or am I getting worried over nothing?

REMOVE_DIR(\\NETDRIVE\user);

REMOVE_DIR(\\NETDRIVE\user\EFILive);

REMOVE_DIR(\\NETDRIVE\user\EFILive\V7.5);

REMOVE_DIR(\\NETDRIVE\user\EFILive\V7.5\Bins);
      As you can see we have networked "home" drives and we run a roaming profile. I wounder if this has caused an issue?
    2. Progressing with the roaming profile stuff, is it possible to include an option to change the default "user location", like we can with the default "program location"? Given the laptop I use has this roaming profile, I can't actually run EFILive with it using my home directory. The quota settings result in EFILive locking up with no disk space. What I have been doing is to move all that data to a different directory under C:\ and then manually editing the registry to point to the new location. It works fine, but makes upgrades a little more work

Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281 View Post
    LBZ should have AL6, not AL5
    I meant AL6 (the one that looks like a porcupine) - sorry.
    Paul

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast