Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7.5.4 build 66

Question 7.5.4 build 66

I have 7.5.4 build 66. I went Start All Programs yada yada Check for Updates.

Whir click grind POP and get a "No 7.5 Updates, you are current message".

Um.... Isn't 7.5.5 build whatever the most current and announced as the latest and we should update to it?

Why the "No zoup for you" response from your server?

Elmer
    2014 Corvette Convertible, Torch Red, A6, Z51, 3LT, NPP Exhaust

Hi Elmer,

See post #2: showthread.php?t=4442

If you install V7.5 and V8 from that link, then doing the following will net you updates:
    - Start->All Programs->EFILive->V7.5->Tools->Check For New Update
    - Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->Tools->Check For New Update

(You may need to set all your options again.)

From here on until forever, doing those 2 steps will get you updates.

Cheers
    Joe

Is V8 the black box logging? I didn't think we were supposed to update to V8 just yet. If I do V8, do I still need to do V7.5.5?

Are you saying that the auto update feature isn't running just yet but it'll be working if I manually load 7.5.5?

I'm content to use my laptop to view my scans.

Elmer

The auto-update feature has become a check-for-updates feature...
    I actually like this better... I tell it "go check", and if there's an update, it updates
    (I don't like my PC deciding it has to do auto updates...)... once you install build 70 you will then be set for "check-for-updates" (from the Start menu as shown in post #2).

If you're just viewing logs, then stay with build 66...

The V8 bootblock/firmware procedure is not difficult, but is long and has potential for falling into hole...
    requires very careful understanding of the Upgrading_FlashScan.rtf file under the V8 folder (see attached).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by joecar; October 21st, 2008 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    The auto-update feature has become a check-for-updates feature...
    I actually like this better... I tell it "go check", and if there's an update, it updates
    (I don't like my PC deciding it has to do auto updates...)... once you install build 70 you will then be set for "check-for-updates" (from the Start menu as shown in post #2).

If you're just viewing logs, then stay with build 66...

The V8 bootblock/firmware procedure is not difficult, but is long and has potential for falling into hole...
    requires very careful understanding of the Upgrading_FlashScan.rtf file under the V8 folder (see attached).

Well, I do updates to the ECM but I'm not enough of a whiz to use the BB and log and work with it. If I load 7.5.5 manually (I just did 7.5.4 last week) I'll be up to date and as I understand it, I'll be able to manually check and get updates as they are available from you guys.

When you get V8 idiot proofed (for me) and it becomes the standard bearer for your product, I'll do what is necessary to load it for my use.

Now, off I go to get 7.5.5...

Elmer

Ok, desktop and laptop updated with 7.5.5 build 70. I have a clean slate and the latest and greatest is apparently up and running.

Onward and upward.....

Quote Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl View Post
    Ok, desktop and laptop updated with 7.5.5 build 70. I have a clean slate and the latest and greatest is apparently up and running.

Onward and upward.....
    This will update you to build 72 (V7.5) and build 42 (V8):
    Quote Originally Posted by joecar
    If you install V7.5 and V8 from that link, then doing the following will net you updates:
    - Start->All Programs->EFILive->V7.5->Tools->Check For New Update
    - Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->Tools->Check For New Update

Yepper! Worked like a champ.

Suggestion? Either include in the update the activity of updating the Firmware OR in the pop up that congratulates you for updating, a reminder to update the firmware that requires a separate click to acknowledge the reminder.

Never assume that every person that does an update knows to update the firmware.
    Last edited by eboggs_jkvl; October 22nd, 2008 at 04:36 AM.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl View Post
    Yepper! Worked like a champ.

Suggestion? Either include in the update the activity of updating the Firmware OR in the pop up that congratulates you for updating, a reminder to update the firmware that requires a separate click to acknowledge the reminder.

Never assume that every person that does an update knows to update the firmware.
    Because V8 does not have all the functionality of V7 (i.e. it only has bb logging and not scan and tune yet), everyone still needs to run V7 for the scan and tune functionality. V7 does not provide auto firmware update notification - V8 does.

When you install V8.1.2 the latest boot block and firmware files are installed into \Program files\EFILive\V8\Firmware. When you run any version 8 software the EFILive_Hapi.exe process starts up in the system tray (i.e. you'll see a little FlashScan icon in the right end of the windows task bar).
    Each time that program is run, it checks the firmware version in all attached devices (FlashScan and AutoCal) and will pop up a balloon message indicating that the firmware needs updating if a later boot block or firmware file exists.

So if you never run version 8 (i.e. EFILive Explorer), you'll never see the update firmware prompt.

That auto update notification is not built into V7. It is (and will be) only available in version 8 software. Simply because V7 does not use the EFILive_Hapi.exe background process.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Because V8 does not have all the functionality of V7 (i.e. it only has bb logging and not scan and tune yet), everyone still needs to run V7 for the scan and tune functionality. V7 does not provide auto firmware update notification - V8 does.

When you install V8.1.2 the latest boot block and firmware files are installed into \Program files\EFILive\V8\Firmware. When you run any version 8 software the EFILive_Hapi.exe process starts up in the system tray (i.e. you'll see a little FlashScan icon in the right end of the windows task bar).
    Each time that program is run, it checks the firmware version in all attached devices (FlashScan and AutoCal) and will pop up a balloon message indicating that the firmware needs updating if a later boot block or firmware file exists.

So if you never run version 8 (i.e. EFILive Explorer), you'll never see the update firmware prompt.

That auto update notification is not built into V7. It is (and will be) only available in version 8 software. Simply because V7 does not use the EFILive_Hapi.exe background process.

Regards
    Paul

Ok, I get all of that. Will V7 be replaced by V8 thus making V8 the tune and scan software?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast