Thread: Boost AFR setup?

Lifetime Member

Default Boost AFR setup?

I just upgraded to V7.3, Flashed in the custom O.S. 02020003 WITH 12221588 CALIBRATIION(2002 SS CAMARO).

I went through the entire custom 2/3 bar tutorial.

My question is the last section about open and semi open loop. I want to tune the motor using actual AFR with my wideband and then have it stay at those settings. Do I always need a wide band hooked up permanantly to run in open loop? I want to drive the car tomorrow and want to know the best way to set this up? It is not an everyday driver. Anyone?

Also My program still shows a high and low octane spark table. Is it supposed to? What tables do I modify with lower timing for my 3 bar setup?
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    1000 HP 93 octane street car!
    96 lb injectors

Nitro,

I have been reading all your posts with this project, I don't want to come across the wrong way or insult you in any way, but if you are asking how do I lower my timing for 3bar then I REALLY think you need to save some more dollars and pay a tuner to get a base tune for you.
    This is danger zone, please understand, if you have not got a safe setup on your first run you may very well destroy that engine within seconds.
    It is a big ask of people on this forum to expect them to answer all these questions you are posting and that will give you a base tune to go by.

There is nothing like doing it yourself, but reading what has been posted so far I just don't think you are up to the challenge yet to start from scratch. I just don't want you to post back up here 'it's blown up'.
    You need to understand your limitations, it takes tuners years of hands on to be able to safely tune combo's like yours, it's not something to be scoffed at.
    By all means do it yourself, but as Delco said in another post, you should get a tuner to do a base tune you can always fall back to.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Take the advice from Ross.
    What would you rather, pay for the tune to be done correctly OR cough up the dollar for the new internals? If I didn't have experience in tuning then I'd say paying for that base tune would be money well spent.
    Please take the advice as constructive and not destructive criticism. I don’t think that anyone is going to see it as one’s ego being broken.
    There would be an opportunity of learning from the changes made to your tune.

Cheers Scotty.
    It's a lot easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.

That is oh so true, especially with boost. A couple of years back I screwed up my motor three times hahaha... Talk about hard headed huh. Finally gave up and paid a tuner. Ended up paying 4,000+ , that sucked.