Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've got to Vent

Default I've got to Vent

1st. I'm ticked because my V2 doesn't seem to want to stop flashing its amber lights after upgrading or Trying to update the Boot Block and Firmware.

2nd. There are various readme's and threads containing links to this that and the other thing all over this place. It kind of pisses me off... The directions have more if then else or but for's in them WTF.

3rd. What kind of mess am I in? I followed the 1st. set of instructions I came to "almost useless" which lead me to search the form for another set of directions...ect.. I went as far as checking the Boot Loader box and programming it and I think that worked. I then went on to try to load the firmware and I got a error $00091 or something so I tried again notta, zippo the amber lights are blinking... What should I do?

"Bootblock programming completed successfully. Please reprogram the latest firmware"

Ok I've verified that process and its repeatable. What next?

I take it that you are trying to program the firmware while it's in "dead poll" mode? ( I.E. The orange lights are flashing )

Yea, what the frick... I thought the directions said EFILive Explorer didn't require me to put it in Dead Poll and I didn't. I was dragging the wrong file to the dialog box....
    Last edited by MN C5; October 24th, 2008 at 03:39 PM.

Did you make sure that the "boot block" option was checked when you programmed the V2?

Have you tried disconnecting the V2 from both the the car and the USB port to remove power, then reconnect it?

Thanks for your help... it appears to be working I'm going to drag it out to my truck and see if the updates will allow FlashScan to work. I was having some issues with it not scanning and I'm hoping this will take care of it.

NP. Glad to help.

When you open EE, goto the Firmware tab, click Refresh, and take a screenshot and post it here...

Lifetime Member

Also, check to make sure you don't have too many PIDS selected. That will make the scan act like it's locked up. I know from personal experience. lol

Keep channel count <= 24.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast