Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '05 1 meg PCM Electronic Thottle wiring help!

Default '05 1 meg PCM Electronic Thottle wiring help!

Senario: '05 5.3, 4L65, 1 meg PCM installed in a '03 Jeep Wrangler. Only the engine harness was salvagable from the donor truck (totaled) and we were not able to retrieve the accelerator pedal / TAC module.

I have not located a new accelerator pedal because I am not sure which one I need. I am also not sure if I need a TAC module or not? I have all of the pinouts for the engine harness but I do not understand where the signal from the pedal to the ECM to the throttle body is coming from? High speed serial data?

I have seen a few pictures of a 1 meg ECM (aftermarket harness) with ETC and don't see a TAC module being used?

The though has crossed my mind to convert over to a cable TB using an '05 GTO OS but I am not sure if the ECM has the incorporated IAC driver(s)?

Sooo, getting to the point. If you have a truck harness, 1 meg pcm, and no accelerator pedal. What pedal do I need and how do I wire it up??

Thanks in advance!
    -David
    '94 Lexus SC300 LY2 4.8, LS6 cam/springs, E38, LS3 MAF, LS2 intake, 88mm TB, 2bar MAP, T42/4L80e, mpt70
    www.terratraction.com/gallery

David,

What ECM are you running. Ls1 style or E40?

If E40 then the operating system and APP (pedal) must match the throttle body.

I've fooled around quite a bit with E40 stuff but not with the LS1 controller.

If E40 is what you have and are using the 5.3 truck 90mm throttle body you have 2 choices. The O.S and APP from an SSR will let you have electric fan control 2 speeds. Also the cruise will work fine with 3 wire hookup. The Trailblazer APP assembly is cheap and should work with the SSR or pickup operating system. The truck uses an engine driven fan and you will never be able to control the fans correctly if they are electric; only the low speed will work.

If you use the GTO O.S. then also must utilize GTO pedal assembly and the cruise will not work unless you install the interface module from any 05,06 GTO. 2005 GTO uses an electric throttle also.

If you can describe your ECM I might be able to help you with wiring.

Have fun, John

Its the LS1 style.... 05+ newer trucks (except HD) have electric fans, so it does have the fan relay controls... Thanks for the help!
    '94 Lexus SC300 LY2 4.8, LS6 cam/springs, E38, LS3 MAF, LS2 intake, 88mm TB, 2bar MAP, T42/4L80e, mpt70

David,

Can you post up the vin of the ecm or can you get it?

There are 4) 5.3 engines that year.

Thanks, John

I need to check the VIN on Doc's bench harness but I am pretty sure its a VIN "T"

Here's a couple of diagrams for the pedal, TAC.The TAC looks to be around $400 bucks.The cruise is hooked through the TAC also, which is nice.Last time I needed the harness's for these I called John at Speartech.com His prices were quite unbelievable compared to the dealer.Jesse also at Wait4me might have something too.
    It would be nice if you could find another wreck for the wiring.The APP pedal for an 06 Trailblazer was cheap, under $100 bucks.If you go newe be sure to specify that the truck did not have adjustable pedals as the APP is MUCH more money.

Good Luck, John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	APP CONNECTOR.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	4145   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TAC 2005 VIN T.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	4146   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TAC CONNECTOR.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	4147  

Default fly by wire

hi i have a problem with my 04 5.7 with fly by wire, i have wired it up with the tac module and pedal but when i start it , it runs fine but no throttle
    any pointers

Have you scanned for trouble codes? This should get you started.

If the ECM sees any problem it will either kill the throttle or reduce to a very low level so the engine will barely run.

yes dtc p2120 comes up accelerator pedal position sensor 1 circuit
    , i removed the pim wires and the two for the cruise control do i need any of these?

Trying to find a wiring diagram for this one but not having any luck. I'm in the US.
    Is it from a car or truck?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast