Thread: Dyno runs / how to lock tcc ?

Default Dyno runs / how to lock tcc ?

Recently made a dyno run after a stall converter ---the HP #s were down about 20 HP---I 've read where you can Lock the TCC and it will give a more accurate reading---How do we do this ???
    Looking in my Flashcan--in the DVT there are 2 things concerning the TCC--Is this where it's done ? One says "Enable TCC Solenoid " but there is another one that says " Control TCC Solenoid" Whch one is correct or do we do both ?
    THKS

If your transmission and converter are not properly setup for WOT engagement, you can ruin the TCC clutch. Before and after dyno numbers would not be accurate anyway if that is what you are looking to see.
    Al
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

I have read on here and many other Corvette/LS1 forums when people report their dyno nummbers , some are as "unlocked" and some "locked"-and all say the unlocked ones are way low---Just looking for the correct way to temporarily lock the TCC during a run----

Whenever I run an auto trans vehicle on a chassis dyno, I lock the transmission in 3rd gear (to prevent downshifting) enable the TCC solenoid and select 100% duty cycle. I'm not sure if both really need to be turned on, but I've had some strange results if I didn't. Make sure the converter is fully locked before you go to WOT.

Horsepower numbers will always be lower with the TCC unlocked because converter slippage means that trans input shaft speed will be lower than engine rpm. Consequently, power that would otherwise be transmitted to the wheels becomes aheat generator for transmission fluid.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

I got a direct e-mail from Paul--He told me the same thing--The DVT has 2 different TCC activation buttons--he says to activate them both----Thks----