Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: LBZ equivalent of B0751/B0752?

Lifetime Member

I just noticed that B0793's and B0794's values are swapped between the LBZ and LMM. That's kinda weird. And something else i think is weird is that on and LMM where this tables supposedly works it's tuned out from the factory with B0797??? could it be that this 0797 is the rpm disable for 0795 rather the 0797 being the enabler???
    Last edited by bballer182; April 2nd, 2010 at 02:28 PM.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

did you also try rpm setting up high?
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    did you also try rpm setting up high?
    not yet. But the stock setting was 6000rpm so if it (b0797) was the disabler the table (b0795) would have already be activated.

I'l play with it some more.
    Last edited by bballer182; April 2nd, 2010 at 02:34 PM.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

Lifetime Member

Back from playing with good news for Josh and Michael!!!

In a laps of divine wisdom that had been bestowed upon me from generation upon generations of performance diesel tuning i had forgot that lambda was the inverse of EQ. So in my earlier post i had stated that setting B0795 to anywhere between .9 and .3 was not doing anything, but was in fact loosening up the fueling without being able to tell. So, when i went to play again i change the max rich mixture (B0794) to 2.0 (.5 EQ) the smoke magically disappeared and when i set it back to .1 lambda (10 EQ) (way extreme btw, i know just proving a point) the smoke magically reappeared!!!

However, the "rpm enabler" seems to have no affect on the B0793-B0795. With it set @500 or 6000 the tables still were affecting the smoke level.

AND, with the max mixture set .2 the truck shifted way funny. It wasn't downshifting like it should have.

I logged a few runs and it seems the way it is controlling smoke is with the mm3 reference not PW (or i guess it would be PW indirectly) So i suppose this is why it was messing with the trans shift patterns.

Sorry to make you day dream about playing with an LBZ Michael... lol
    Last edited by bballer182; April 2nd, 2010 at 03:36 PM.

Lifetime Member

Oh, i forgot to say "hats off to Ross for bringing us an early Christmas present!" Much appreciated!!!

Sounds good!

Quote Originally Posted by bballer182 View Post
    I logged a few runs and it seems the way it is controlling smoke is with the mm3 reference not PW (or i guess it would be PW indirectly) So i suppose this is why it was messing with the trans shift patterns.

In logging past, I had noticed strange PW reductions that did not correlate to mm3, what amounted to unexplained, inconsistent anomolies.

Does it appear that mm3 is being limited, AND that PW is tracking mm3?
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    Sounds good!

In logging past, I had noticed strange PW reductions that did not correlate to mm3, what amounted to unexplained, inconsistent anomolies.

Does it appear that mm3 is being limited, AND that PW is tracking mm3?
    yes, it appears to me that the PW is following what the commanded reduction of the mm3 reference is. I don't think that this is a TQ reduction, but rather just a mm3 reduction.

Which, brings me naturally to more questions; how does the ECM calculate the mass of air in the cylinder? Is it boost based or is it based on what the MAF has to say? And is there a pid which displays for us the lambda reference it is using? And is there a pid which will tell us how much air the ECM thinks is in each cylinder?
    Last edited by bballer182; April 2nd, 2010 at 03:52 PM.

Did a few logs, with different combinations.

I loaded all 2.0's and still have eq going over 1.1 (with significant smoke) on spool up. It is better than the 1.3-1.4 eq I was getting. I loaded all 0.2's and got 1.9 eq, so there appears to be a help for sure.

I am confused a bit. If higher values limit smoke (lean), then the desriptions in the limit tables are confusing. The lean limit would be the higher number, yes? Here are the stock numbers.

{B0793} Main Injection Lean Mixture Limit 0.92 lambda
    {B0794} Main Injection Rich Mixture Limit 1.40 lambda
    Custom Tuning Services

Lifetime Member

yeah see! thats what im talking about?!?!? these tables don't make much sense...

Lifetime Member

This is awesome. I've been so busy I keep forgetting to check this when I'm at home. I'm going to download this first thing when I get back to the house! Thanks everyone!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast