Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: LBZ equivalent of B0751/B0752?

So far, have only been successful at bringing EQ down to 1.1 on that tip-in spike, low rpm around 1600 or so. This is with using all 2.0's. That is still a significant smoke trail.

I am interested in what others have found. Also interested in hearing if 0793 and 0794 have been helpful to anyone, and what relationships you see.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    So far, have only been successful at bringing EQ down to 1.1 on that tip-in spike, low rpm around 1600 or so. This is with using all 2.0's. That is still a significant smoke trail.

I am interested in what others have found. Also interested in hearing if 0793 and 0794 have been helpful to anyone, and what relationships you see.
    I have been able to kill the smoke. I changed 793 and 794 as well as 795. I'm just trying to get it dialed in so I have some pedal response. If you get too crazy with the lambda values, it will not do anything when you hit the accelerator pedal. I did find that when the grams/cyl gets to about 3.0, the table basically doesn't do anything anymore.

I have significantly modified pulse and pressure tables. So not sure if I am interfering with something inadvertently as lambda is an unknown definition, and there is no pid to see it.

what values did you use for 793 and 794, Josh?

Again, it is only the initial tip-in where I see the rich issue. Smoke is mostly fully contained otherwise.
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available

Lifetime Member

I have significantly modified pulse and pressure tables. So not sure if I am interfering with something inadvertently as lambda is an unknown definition, and there is no pid to see it.

what values did you use for 793 and 794, Josh?

Again, it is only the initial tip-in where I see the rich issue. Smoke is mostly fully contained otherwise.
    For 793, I used the lowest value from 795, and for 794, I used the highest value from 795. I have a set of 80% over injectors and my truck would have billows of smoke rolling from the exhaust if I wasn't careful. I have fine tuned it to a haze that quickly dissipates, but I can easily make it completely disappear but drivablilty suffers if I do that.

Good to know, and thanks.
    Custom Tuning Services

Quote Originally Posted by JoshH View Post
    Have you tried it yet? I PMed Paul and Ross to see if I could try it since my truck smokes like hell, but they didn't respond. I'm anxiously awaiting it to be released to us regular Joes.
    Send $50, that helps , but seriously, we (both Paul and I) were away over the Easter break, the software was released the day we left on a break, figuring anyone who wanted things prior to release would download that version anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bballer182 View Post
    And is there a pid which displays for us the lambda reference it is using? And is there a pid which will tell us how much air the ECM thinks is in each cylinder?
    Short answer is probably no, I don't know off the top of my head what PID's the Bosch ECM supports, to add in DMA PID's is a major deal I can tell you. Otherwise there would be lots of them.

{B0793} Main Injection Lean Mixture Limit 0.92 lambda
    {B0794} Main Injection Rich Mixture Limit 1.40 lambda
    Yep, that is backwards, I'll fix up the descriptions.
    Rich mixtures are less than 1.0, and lean mixtures are greater than 1.0. I think I've been dealing with gasser ECM's too long where GM use EQ Ratio's where lean is less, rich is more.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Send $50, that helps , but seriously, we (both Paul and I) were away over the Easter break, the software was released the day we left on a break, figuring anyone who wanted things prior to release would download that version anyway.

Short answer is probably no, I don't know off the top of my head what PID's the Bosch ECM supports, to add in DMA PID's is a major deal I can tell you. Otherwise there would be lots of them.

Yeah, figures they would have to be a DMA pids. It would be interesting to know how the ECM calculates those two...

Rich mixtures are less than 1.0, and lean mixtures are greater than 1.0. I think I've been dealing with gasser ECM's too long where GM use EQ Ratio's where lean is less, rich is more.

Kinda figured they were. It didn't make sense looking at the LMM and then the LBZ...

Cheers,
    Ross

Thanx for the work though!!!
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Cheers,
    Ross
    Is there any possible way that the 2.0 limit can be expanded?
    Custom Tuning Services

Lifetime Member

I'll paypal you right away...

I was trying to keep an eye open for the release post, but I must have overlooked it. Sorry for pestering so much, but that table is exactly what I needed! You guys are the best

Killerbee, Yes they can be, if I recall the maths allows it to go from -32 to 32 (it's a signed value).
    What do you need, 4 or 5? I just like to keep things sensible for other users, putting in 32 would be ridiculous.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast