Thread: Custom 3 bar open loop O.S.... can I run closed for 1 bar?

Lifetime Member

Default Custom 3 bar open loop O.S.... can I run closed for 1 bar?

I changed my car to a 3 bar custom o.s. and followed the entire tutorial. Its runs decent, but I want to know if I can run commanded AFR for anything over 1 bar, and closed loop with the anything under 1 bar?

I want to know because after did the entire procedure. The car will not idle and I lost part throttle driveability.

I had flashed from my dyno tuned (for motor only) 2000 pcm O.S. and calibration, to a custom O.S. and 3 bar open loop. Can I copy over my map for the 1 bar VE map to my new program and have it run good like it used to?

Thanks.
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    1000 HP 93 octane street car!
    96 lb injectors

Default Re: Custom 3 bar open loop O.S.... can I run closed for 1 ba

Quote Originally Posted by nitrorocket
    I changed my car to a 3 bar custom o.s. and followed the entire tutorial. Its runs decent.

I want to know because after did the entire procedure. The car will not idle and I lost part throttle driveability.
    It either runs decent or it dosen't

I had flashed from my dyno tuned (for motor only) 2000 pcm O.S. and calibration, to a custom O.S. and 3 bar open loop. Can I copy over my map for the 1 bar VE map to my new program and have it run good like it used to?

Thanks.
    Excuse my ignorance or maybe I have read it wrong.
    Wouldn't loading the (Dyno tuned) calibration into you CO's already have presented the VE tables you are wanting to copy and paste?

Cheers Scotty.
    It's a lot easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.

Lifetime Member

It runs good enough to drive, but could be better. I loaded a Custom O.S. AND 2002 base file into my 2000 pcm. I am wondering what charts I would have to copy over that are compatable with the new O.S. that would allow me to run closed loop for one bar and the 3 bar VE table for boost in Open loop.

an I just copy my '00 tuned main VE table into my new program and then somehow run that in closed loop, but run the boost VE table in open?

That is the main question. Can it be done, whish tables do I have to move, and how to do it exactly?
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    96 lb injectors

You need to be more clear.
    I'm guessing you don't know how to copy and paste from one tune to the other by comparing the two files.
    Ctrl-F11 and load up the tune file you wish to copy the tables from.
    If you are unable to compare the tune file because of different OS's then you will have to open the tuning tool twice and load the tune file in the second tool.
    Then copy and paste the tables you wish to copy.
    Then follow the steps in page 7, 8 and 9 of the COs tutorial.

If you are unable to do this.
    My suggestion is, you close the laptop, take two steps back and slowly walk away.

Gather your thoughts, and then plug and play with a N/A Vehicle.

Get you head around the basics before you confuse yourself and fill the forum with posts.

Cheers Scotty.
    It's a lot easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.

Lifetime Member

I know how to copy, I just was basibally wondering what tables affect the tune. After comparing, It seems most all tables are the same. I am now using my 2000 dyno'd tune main ve chart.

The problem I had was after I swapped to the custom O.S. and stock 2002 tune. The car would not idle at all. After messing around with the IAC it got better but would surge real bad.
    The numbers on my dyno'd Main VE chart were about 10% different. I will try that tomorrow to see if that will make it idle again. Could it be because I have the idle STFT's disabled? The O.S. tutorial said to, but I don't know why it has the idling problem. I will find out tomorrow I guess.
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    96 lb injectors

Lifetime Member

I know how to copy, I just was basibally wondering what tables affect the tune. After comparing, It seems most all tables are the same. I am now using my 2000 dyno'd tune main ve chart.

The problem I had was after I swapped to the custom O.S. and stock 2002 tune. The car would not idle at all. After messing around with the IAC it got better but would surge real bad.
    The numbers on my dyno'd Main VE chart were about 10% different. I will try that tomorrow to see if that will make it idle again. Could it be because I have the idle STFT's disabled? The O.S. tutorial said to, but I don't know why it has the idling problem. I will find out tomorrow I guess.
    Its not idling cause you need to TUNE the car , just plugging numbers in isnt tuning , see what the engine wants , fuel air or spark.

Would you go and buy a 850 barry grant bolt it on to your car and expect it to idle and drive perfectly and run a 10 sec pass !