Thread: Question on SD tune...

Default Question on SD tune...

I am just getting into EFILive and I am trying to figure out the tune that came with my car. It is a 98' 6 speed Z28 and the tune was a mail order done by the previous owner. I think it is a SD tune, but not 100%. The car is throwing a p0102 code and when I log I cannot get a MAF frequency. I assume you attempt to throw this code by modifying the MAF min/max test frequency, but it doesn't appear to be changed on this tune... I don't have a stock tune to compare to though, so any help would be great!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Too me when I compare it against my SD tune , your MAF looks to be enabled still.
    Your DTC MIL enablers for the MAF are still set to on also.
    Roy 98SSSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by 2slow4u View Post
    I am just getting into EFILive and I am trying to figure out the tune that came with my car. It is a 98' 6 speed Z28 and the tune was a mail order done by the previous owner. I think it is a SD tune, but not 100%. The car is throwing a p0102 code and when I log I cannot get a MAF frequency. I assume you attempt to throw this code by modifying the MAF min/max test frequency, but it doesn't appear to be changed on this tune... I don't have a stock tune to compare to though, so any help would be great!
    http://www.holdencrazy.com

There are stock tunes and modified tunes...great place

Quote Originally Posted by 2slow4u View Post
    As roy has said your maf is still enabled as well as the mil lights so this is not a SD tune. If you are throwing the code you must have a maf/wiring issue.
    The Tremor at AIR

I was thinking I had a MAF issue, is there any way to test it? I can get it to read frequency after I reset the pcm, but it throws the p0102 code after a few minutes and don't get a signal...

If it throws any of P0101, P0102, P0103 then it is going into SD mode, and from your file it seems unintentionally...

(it takes a MAF fail code to failover into SD)

it sounds like the MAF and/or wiring may be actually broken, as 5.7ute said.

So I just replaced my MAF and ran through all the wiring to check for any shorts or breaks and all looks well. Just fired it up and still am getting no MAF freqency on the log and the car will instantly throw a p0102 code. Any other advice?

Joe, you are the man! Turns out I blew the 20A fuse in the distribution center... now I just have to hunt down the short... Thanks again!