Thread: Need Help

Default Need Help

I have done the up dates, (seemed to all go OK) But now I cant log my air fuel and there is no pids when I select PIDs on the V2??
    Base efficiency numerator PLX and GM-AFR are no longer available in my pid selections on the PC

What have I done wrong???

I have the exact same problem!!! I need help ASAP, have car on dyno and more coming in this afternoon.

I don't know if this is the problem, but after you updated did you format the 'Config File' folder on the V2 and then copy the 'Options.txt' and '.pmm' files from here "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\EFILive\V8\Config" onto the V2?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninety8C5 View Post
    I don't know if this is the problem, but after you updated did you format the 'Config File' folder on the V2 and then copy the 'Options.txt' and '.pmm' files from here "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\EFILive\V8\Config" onto the V2?

I didnt, I will try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrismarine View Post
    I have done the up dates, (seemed to all go OK) But now I cant log my air fuel and there is no pids when I select PIDs on the V2??
    Base efficiency numerator PLX and GM-AFR are no longer available in my pid selections on the PC

What have I done wrong???
    Take off the checkmark on the SUPPORTED box...you should see what you are needing at that point.
    I know I ran into a very similiar issue as you and wondered why it was an UNSUPPORTED pid, but when I activated it then it worked. Wierd.

I got the PIDS working but still serial WB reading. It just says controller not found.

Problem sorted after emails and some digging, I didnt realize I had to Copy the new Config files in explorer and then re-configure the V2 to read My wide band!! When I do an update I dont expect these dramas as I am only an engine tuner...not a computer expert!!
    This was helpfull

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=8858

Quote Originally Posted by ItzNota View Post
    Take off the checkmark on the SUPPORTED box...you should see what you are needing at that point.
    I know I ran into a very similiar issue as you and wondered why it was an UNSUPPORTED pid, but when I activated it then it worked. Wierd.
    It was damn frustrating but my problem was A new Computer and without a legit VIN it limits the pids you can use, once I loaded a legit vin the Pids I needed came back, My situation with boats means that I will quite often use new PCMs or ones that didnt come off the motor im tuning.
    Selecting supported pids shows the pids that can be used and removes the others correct??

Mike

I will say that the support with EFI Live is good as Paul had me on track in short time and it always goes wrong right when you are in the middle of it!!

But I think you programmers sometimes assume us engine tuners are computer experts (and some are)when we are not.....and we speak a different language sometimes,

Quote Originally Posted by Harrismarine View Post
    It was damn frustrating but my problem was A new Computer and without a legit VIN it limits the pids you can use, once I loaded a legit vin the Pids I needed came back, My situation with boats means that I will quite often use new PCMs or ones that didnt come off the motor im tuning.
    Selecting supported pids shows the pids that can be used and removes the others correct??

Mike
    First off I just want to say good job on getting it working. As long as you got it to work and learned from it then the goal was met.

Selecting the supported pid...
    This was not entirely true, I had a pid that showed it was unsupported, but when I activated it then it started to do its job. I could have been wrong somehow, but if I would have known about this it might have saved me the hours of frustration. I owe it to Sspdmon for helping me out on my situation.

Anyway, back to tuning.

Mike