Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel dynamics mafless?

Good luck on the o2 switch points. Ive dropped them to 50mv with no visible change to fueling.
    But I guess if you use programable sensors like the LC-1's you could get them to switch on say, 15.2:1
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Ringram, exactly right. Currently the switch points do not work at all in the E38. Your idea of using a programmable WB with NB output would work, but only for a fixed offset. I'd like to be able to fully utilise the CL-Mode settings to command leaner light cruise and slightly richer for things like hills. Then when it really needs more go, switch into PE mode.

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    Ringram, exactly right. Currently the switch points do not work at all in the E38. Your idea of using a programmable WB with NB output would work, but only for a fixed offset. I'd like to be able to fully utilise the CL-Mode settings to command leaner light cruise and slightly richer for things like hills. Then when it really needs more go, switch into PE mode.
    Wouldnt that be great Simon.
    Ian

I'm seeking some clarification...

I am running OL-SD in my turbo 5.3 setup. I am looking to improve my off-idle response, and until reading this thread, it seemed like the transient fuel tables were the ticket....but it appears that they do not work with the MAF failed??

Do I have any other options?

Thanks!
    2005 Silverado Duramax LLY - EFI Live Tuned
    1969 Chevrolet C-10 Pickup - Turbocharged 5.3L/4L80E - EFI Live Tuned
    1975 Avenger Jet Boat - 6.0L/Berkley pump - EFI Live tune in progress

Transients still work with the MAF disabled, you just can't fine tune them. If you check the other posts, the Transients are all based back to MAF airflow. If you fail the MAF, then it will always read "0 gm/s" or air flow, so you just B2013 to a flat line. If you want more transient fuel at WOT, then make this table all a higher number, say 0.8 or even 1. If you want less transient fuel at part throttle, then make the whole table a lower number, say 0.6.

If you get it working well for WOT, it'll be rich at part throttle, if it's right at part throttle, it'll be lean when wide open.

Your only other method of "fooling" the ECM into providing more accurate transient fueling would be to alter the injector timing. It's not a perfect way, but it does work. Generally speaking.....

• Advancing injector timing will simulate an increase in transient fueling.
    • Retarding the injector timing will simulate a decrease in transient fueling.

Interestingly, if you check the stock injector timing, it does advance the timing as RPM increase, but I don't think it's for the transients. You still need to make a couple of fairly wide reaching assumptions though....

• Transients in HIGH PRM areas will only really be needed for WOT applications.
    • Low rpm areas will only need small amounts of transient fuel

The break over point would be around the 2,000 RPM mark I guess, so that under that, where normal driving occurs, you have low amounts of transient fueling. Then over that, for gear changes, you have higher amounts of transient fueling. This seems to work OK, but is no substitute for the MAF signal.

Finally, if you drive an auto, the transients are no where near as critical when compared to a manual. Unless you "flat change" in the manual, the off / on throttle event plays havoc with fueling. Transients play a big role on making gear shifts feel good in the manual.

Simon

Hi Guys, the only time i've seen this has been on cammed auto E38's that don't have a stall convertor. What i found on the dyno was the VVE cells were being hit from 800 - 2000 rpm and 70 - 105 kpa as soon as you nailed it suddenlly, the wideband here was going very lean causing surge, mis and backfire but only on quick acceleration, i tried changing dynamics but the best way was to increase VVE settings in these areas. Remember rescalling zones helps this as well. Done plenty this way and no negative feedback yet. My two cents....

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    ***Lots of good info***
    Simon,

Thank you very much. I will play with those a little bit.
    2005 Silverado Duramax LLY - EFI Live Tuned
    1969 Chevrolet C-10 Pickup - Turbocharged 5.3L/4L80E - EFI Live Tuned
    1975 Avenger Jet Boat - 6.0L/Berkley pump - EFI Live tune in progress

Lifetime Member

This is some valuable info. People don't seem to get the importance to dynamics section. I broke an engine because of it. I learned this tables the hard way.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

I've not seen any changes to fueling after altering the impact factor or evap time.
    Maybe it's my technique.
    How would you cure this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	off_throttle.jpg 
Views:	613 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	7516  
    Last edited by mr.prick; April 2nd, 2010 at 09:46 AM.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Lifetime Member

The way to cure it would be to reduce the minimum injection pulsewidth. Try that out.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast