Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tuning vy v6 commodore

The V7 software is free, anyone can download it.
    But to actually talk to your VY GenIII you will need the V1 (or V2) hardware. The data bus on the V8's is totally different to what your VR used.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I found a post by blacky where he suggests trying the vehicle definition 'gmh-vt8-ls1.xml'

I tried that and got some data coming through. I'm thinking someone may have added to this definition? Also, what does the FlashScan do? Is it just a protocol converter? If so, why can't this be done in software?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyk View Post
    I found a post by blacky where he suggests trying the vehicle definition 'gmh-vt8-ls1.xml'
    This is only the data that is shared with the instrument cluster, BCM etc, it's only about 10% of the data the PCM will give you on the VPW Class2 bus that the V4 won't communicate on but Flashscan V1 does.

I tried that and got some data coming through. I'm thinking someone may have added to this definition? Also, what does the FlashScan do? Is it just a protocol converter? If so, why can't this be done in software?
    In 'simple' terms it is a protocol converter, the timers on the PC ports are not accurate enough to communicate on the VPW Class2 bus directly, plus it has non standard voltage levels. Flashscan V1 contains a chip specifically designed to communicate on the VPW bus, that is then translated to USB.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks Ross, all making sense now

Other than FlashScan, what other interfaces does efi live V7 support?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Thanks Ross, all making sense now

Other than FlashScan, what other interfaces does efi live V7 support?
    AutoTap V2 (AT1 and AT123 serial) and AutoTap V3 (ATU USB)
    However, AutoTap interfaces are only used by EFILive for scanning - not for tuning.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Hi guys, has there been any progress on getting scanning ability for the vt-vy model 6 banger's?

probably low on your list, but all i'd really like is the ability to see fault code dtc's etc and check o2 voltages. just the basic stuff to see why a car would have problems with surging at cruise. i.e map, timing, tps.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    Hi guys, has there been any progress on getting scanning ability for the vt-vy model 6 banger's?

probably low on your list, but all i'd really like is the ability to see fault code dtc's etc and check o2 voltages. just the basic stuff to see why a car would have problems with surging at cruise. i.e map, timing, tps.
    EFILive V4 will scan, log and show DTCs for V6 and V8 Holden engine Commodores up to VT series 1 correction: up to VY.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    EFILive V4 will scan, log and show DTCs for V6 and V8 Holden engine Commodores up to VT series 1 correction: up to VY.

Regards
    Paul
    yeah, but can i use the v2 hardware though?

Not yet. That option will be added as part of the V8 scan software. Which will happen once the standalone reading/flashing is complete.

Regards
    Paul

Default Hummmm

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Not yet. That option will be added as part of the V8 scan software. Which will happen once the standalone reading/flashing is complete.

Regards
    Paul
    This sounds very interesting as I just purchased a VY V6 for my partner, cough (for me to play with!). Especially if some of the current features in the scan tool software are available.

The VX and VY V6 N/A PCM's are a flash type PCM, just wondering if you have given any thought to supporting the read and write to these PCM's as there just a little old am29f010b-120je PLCC32.... I have been giving it plenty of thought of late. I really like the thought of a S/C on these models and I see many of them in the pro tuner shops. I see there are custom operating systems available for the L67 option.

Currently I'm putting together a definition template for tuning these little puppies, very ugly looking MAF code I must say with over 1600 parameters. No wonder GM did a right turn after this model.

Also looking at PLCC 32 emulation which will get me around the read and write via aldl. There might be some future for the LT1 guys in this as well.

When time comes, I would love to test this out for you guys if possible.

Hummmmm very interesting.

Cheers

Mick
    Rev it up, Drop the clutch, See what happens?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12