Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional PID definition ?

Lifetime Member

Default Additional PID definition ?

Is it possible for an EFIlive user to define GM PIDs that are not listed in the current PID list?

i.e. transmission PID's such as TCC pressure & Transmission Fluid Temperature - Substrate: TFTS (vs TFT).

Cheers.

On a somewhat related note, (hopefully not a threadjack!) is there an ETA for additional A6 parameters to be released? The EFILive competitor has released many more tables for the A6 transmissions which would be very beneficial (see attachment) for EFILive users as well.

I don't mean to complain, as I know the EFILive staff is very busy and doing great things for this market. If EFILive doesn't plan to add these tables I will purchase HPT for transmission tuning.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled%20-%201.jpg 
Views:	522 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	4208  

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gmh308 View Post
    Is it possible for an EFIlive user to define GM PIDs that are not listed in the current PID list?

i.e. transmission PID's such as TCC pressure & Transmission Fluid Temperature - Substrate: TFTS (vs TFT).

Cheers.
    Yes, if you know the PID number and the scaling for the PID. You can just add them to the C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration\sae_generic.txt file.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh61513 View Post
    On a somewhat related note, (hopefully not a threadjack!) is there an ETA for additional A6 parameters to be released? The EFILive competitor has released many more tables for the A6 transmissions which would be very beneficial (see attachment) for EFILive users as well.

I don't mean to complain, as I know the EFILive staff is very busy and doing great things for this market. If EFILive doesn't plan to add these tables I will purchase HPT for transmission tuning.
    Which parameters exactly are not available in EFILive? Sometimes the same parameters are called different things in EFILive. If you provide a list of which parameters you think should be in EFILive we can tell you if they are there and just called something else, or we can add them in for the next release.

In future dont wait, hoping we will put parameters in, the sooner you ask for them the quicker we will add them in.

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Yes, if you know the PID number and the scaling for the PID. You can just add them to the C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration\sae_generic.txt file.

Regards
    Paul
    Thankyou Paul. I cant find a GM PID section in sae_generic.txt. Only SAE defined generic PID's etc.

Ta.

Which parameters exactly are not available in EFILive? Sometimes the same parameters are called different things in EFILive. If you provide a list of which parameters you think should be in EFILive we can tell you if they are there and just called something else, or we can add them in for the next release.

In future dont wait, hoping we will put parameters in, the sooner you ask for them the quicker we will add them in.

Regards
    Paul
    Hi Paul,

This goes through what the competition offers: http://www.thetuningdoctor.com/HPTun...parameters.swf

They have since added more parameters to torque management as well, currently in beta (see attachment).

I am particularly interested in being able to modify downshift calibrations, from braking to WOT. These include most items under their "shift properties" tab. Also interested in better control of torque management, beyond simply on/off.

Is there a way to log downshifts? I see PIDs for Last (1->2, 2->3, 3->4), but 4->5, and 5->6 still seem to be missing for the 6 speed boxes, as well as a way to log any downshifts. "last shift time" doesn't seem to monitor downshifts.

These 6 speed boxes seem to use some incredibly complex logic! There is some great discussion going here: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ht=walkthrough. It's no longer simply a matter of selecting your speed and shift time for each shift as it was for the 4 speeds!

Thanks in advance,
    Josh

Name:	Beta.jpg 
Views:	379 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	4226  

Quote Originally Posted by gmh308 View Post
    Thankyou Paul. I cant find a GM PID section in sae_generic.txt. Only SAE defined generic PID's etc.

Ta.
    Just add them to the end of the SAE section. See attached image.

Regards
    Paul

Name:	mypid.PNG 
Views:	450 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	4227  

Quote Originally Posted by Josh61513 View Post
    Hi Paul,
    I am particularly interested in being able to modify downshift calibrations, from braking to WOT. These include most items under their "shift properties" tab. Also interested in better control of torque management, beyond simply on/off.

Is there a way to log downshifts? I see PIDs for Last (1->2, 2->3, 3->4), but 4->5, and 5->6 still seem to be missing for the 6 speed boxes, as well as a way to log any downshifts. "last shift time" doesn't seem to monitor downshifts.

These 6 speed boxes seem to use some incredibly complex logic!
    Yes, they are complex. I've asked Ross to take a look. He can add in anything that needs adding. But that won't happen until later next week wehn we get back from SEMA.

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

Just add them to the end of the SAE section. See attached image.

Regards
    Paul
    Thankyou. Now just need to find the PID number associated with the PID name. Would I be right in assuming all the GM PIDs that already appear in the Scantool PID list are associated with the VIN/ECM type and are embedded in gm_enhanced.prn?

Cheers.

Lifetime Member

Regards
    Paul
    Also please: Parameters such as TUTD Options: Disabled/Enabled, Direct/Serial, Range Select Enabled/Disabled, Active Range. Ability to select function of each of the forward 4 manual shift positions.

And TCC PWM/Pressure/Torque Parameters.

Would guess you got plenty of very market relevant feedback at SEMA.

Cheerz.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast