Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Additional PID definition ?

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Yes, I know why they are late.

The PID definitions must fit into a 64K memory block (due to the architecture in the FlashScan firmware). Adding in new PID definitions caused the *.pmm files to go over that limit.

The *.pmm files had to be completely redesigned and the FlashScan firmware updated to work with smaller, more efficient PID definitions.

In all, it has been a very worthwhile update and fixed a number of issues that in the future would have become larger problems. I'm very happy they are now dealt with and they won't impact on future deployments.

Anyway the upshot is the new PIDs will be available as part of the standalone reading/flashing beta release which I am planning to get underway at end of Feb. (not long to go now).

You'll need to join the beta group to participate - I will be posting up a new beta forum before the end of Feb.

Regards
    Paul
    Any ETA on additional tables? It really has been a long long while since HPT released them ...

Alex

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Josh61513 View Post
    Bueler? Bueler?

Anyone know why these are 7 weeks late? I don't desire to come across as rude, but if EFI live doesn't plan to fully support the 6 speed boxes I will need to purchase HPT.
    Rooney......It may come as a surprise, but EFILive already has many of "key" PID's for the A6.

And, well over 100 of the most commonly needed tables, and by a long way the most comprehensive DTC/diagnostic access. And has had all this for some time now.........

Last edited by gmh308; February 23rd, 2009 at 10:41 PM.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Just for your interest, this is the list of new PIDs added for the T43 and Allison transmissions (many are the same). These PIDs will be available via black box logging on FlashScan V2 as part of the beta release due out before end of Feb.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Just for your interest, this is the list of new PIDs added for the T43 and Allison transmissions (many are the same). These PIDs will be available via black box logging on FlashScan V2 as part of the beta release due out before end of Feb.
    Tremendous leap forward there team! From about 15 Trans PID's to over 150 PID's for T43 alone. This must be the most comprehensive list in the industry. By no small margin. Looks to be about 200 for the Alison, and some really deep views into shift adapts!

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by gmh308 View Post

And, well over 100 of the most commonly needed tables, and by a long way the most comprehensive DTC/diagnostic access. And has had all this for some time now.........

Can't disagree with you there.

Quote Originally Posted by gmh308 View Post
    Rooney......It may come as a surprise, but EFILive already has many of "key" PID's for the A6.

It sounds like it now will

Again, I didn't intend to come across as rude but Paul originally told us that these PIDs would be available before Christmas, tables not until after Christmas. Then in "one week" on Jan 5th. No problem, 'twas good to hear they were still working away at it.

Then no update nor information until yesterday...But it sounds like this will be a substantial update! Paul will this include tables too or just PIDs?

Default A6 stuff.

Hey Paul.... How many of these new Pids will directly correlate to editable parameters in EFI LIVE?

Or in other words, do you have a list of new editable tables, constants, and flags we can modify?

Right now, you guys got the A6 working great with what we already have...but, the new trend seems to be retrofitting the A6 into stuff where it don't belong.

Kinda like the options matrix....different platforms seem to have very different configuration for this trans and I believe it would be most helpful to be able to turn on and off options and setup features to configure this trans to work in transplants.

Not sure what's behind the scenes in the engine cals, but I'm sure there's stuff there we'll need as well....

How does the future look with this stuff?
    Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Josh61513 View Post
    Can't disagree with you there.

It sounds like it now will

Again, I didn't intend to come across as rude but Paul originally told us that these PIDs would be available before Christmas, tables not until after Christmas. Then in "one week" on Jan 5th. No problem, 'twas good to hear they were still working away at it.

Then no update nor information until yesterday...But it sounds like this will be a substantial update! Paul will this include tables too or just PIDs?

That's the world of software for you. . Microsoft as an example.
    Last edited by gmh308; February 24th, 2009 at 08:51 AM.

Lifetime Member

Im with Chuck CoW on this one, the A6 needs to be stuffed into things it doesnt belong in! Like for example a 07-09 TrailBlazer SS maybe? I would kill to have a 6spd in that, TUTD would be a plus but just get it working first would be amazing. I know Im not alone in this dream either, since the TBSS was released people have been pondering how to swap the 6L90E into it.

But good work on the new PIDs, looks like it'll help out a TON!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345