Thread: Switching from HpTuners to EFI live???

Default Switching from HpTuners to EFI live???

I searched around, but didn't really find what I was looking for. I have been using hptuners for a while now, but I feel like I may want to try EFI. The car is a supercharged corvette making a little over 800whp. My reason for switching is I have 96lb low impedence injectors and I have not been able to get them to idle that great and it doesn't seem like anyone knows how to help or is willing to that uses HP. I have seen multiple people using EFI with good results and it would be worth it to me just to get it right by switching over. My main concern is will my cars pcm have to be reflashed to stock or can I start making changes immediately with the new software? Oh and if anyone has any pointers on the 96ers let me know.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by exploder View Post
    I searched around, but didn't really find what I was looking for. I have been using hptuners for a while now, but I feel like I may want to try EFI. The car is a supercharged corvette making a little over 800whp. My reason for switching is I have 96lb low impedence injectors and I have not been able to get them to idle that great and it doesn't seem like anyone knows how to help or is willing to that uses HP. I have seen multiple people using EFI with good results and it would be worth it to me just to get it right by switching over. My main concern is will my cars pcm have to be reflashed to stock or can I start making changes immediately with the new software? Oh and if anyone has any pointers on the 96ers let me know.
    Welcome to the forum.

If your pcm is not locked, you can directly read it w/EFI. I did the same from HP to EFI.

Note, I have not used injectors that large, but:

Since I'm guessing you have tried all the traditional methods to get them to work, consider putting the stock injectors in and values, then dial in your idle/low end VE to 14.7. Then take the injectors out, put the 96s in and adjust your injector slope until you get the 14.7 again.

Off to work...
    07 Silverado DMax Classic
    02 Z06 LS3 416, 805rwhp, TFS245, Wiseco, Callies Crank/Rods, Iskendarian Lifters, Crower Rockers, FAST102/90, ATI Damper, 1-7/8 Kook's LT, QkTime Shield,Tolle-Fab 8pt
    Old Engine: 1/4mile = 9.6/146 New Engine:?

EFI Live Tune/Scan v7.5.27, EFI Live Scan and Tune v8.2.23, build 276, BootBlock 2.07.06, FirmWare 2.07.52, 512K RoadRunner (12.14.R), Innovate Serial LC2x2

COS5/12212156 For 2002 Z06 Manual Vette

Exploder, welcome to the forum...

What car do you have, and what mods...?

Some people here have been running 96 lb/hr injectors, they set negative values in the Small Pulse Adjust table (B4005).
    Follow these links:
    showthread.php?t=5038
    showthread.php?t=3473
    showthread.php?t=3191

If you don't have a HPT custom tune, or if your PCM hasn't been locked, then you should be able to read the tune from the PCM without reflashing to stock.

If you want to play with the software (i.e. without a cable/hardware) then download V7.5 from here :
    http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...=48&Itemid=124

Without the cable/hardware you can still run the scantool/tunetool to view/edit the sample log/tune files
    (the software is fully functional, you just can't log or flash without cable/hardware).

More/Other info (my poor attempt at organizing a whole bunch of material): showthread.php?t=2990

Cheers
    Joe
    Last edited by joecar; November 4th, 2008 at 05:01 AM.

the file is not locked or anything, however my car used to be a 6speed z06 and now it is an auto. I had to have someone go in and physically cutout some of the hexadecimal code to make the computer think it was an auto after I got it all installed. Hopefully this won't be a problem since that part is hardwritten into the pcm. Mods are as follows:

415ci
    Paxton Novi 2000
    Meth injection
    L92 heads
    232/236 cam
    blah blah blah

That's no problem, you can copy the trans segment from another file... (and it won't cost any credits).

Do you have the 4L60/65E or the 4L80/85E...?

If you have a LS1/LS6 PCM, then you may even be able to run a COS that has boost tables (no credits)...

What year is your Z06...?

The car is an 03 model so it has the good operating system and has a 4l65e.

I downloaded the trial version and I like it and I also read all of the links plus some more. I think this is going to work out. Thanks guys.