Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LS1 Coil per Cylinder Conversion - Are you ready?

Quote Originally Posted by S10Wildside View Post
    That's funny. When we first started the LT1 engine last July with the LS1 PCM, I think there were two others with me at the time and we all had silly grins on our face!

For years I said, "I will NEVER use an LT1 engine for a conversion." I even gave out that same advice because of its ignition issues. I'm even receiving phone calls from guys who have installed the best optispark on the market and they're considering it junk because of failures.

Now that 24x is available for the early small block and LT1, I actually prefer the LT1 because its components are a bolt on with no adjustments! The early small block requires cam sensor adjustment (which is no big deal), but the LT1 is now where it's at!
    I should rephrase my comment...... We were as happy as pigs in sh!t and had smiles ear to ear when it fired up for the first time. After many more starts and little tweaks the engine became boring to watch because there was no drama, it just ran and ran, just like it had never been messed with!!! I suppose that is the way it should be though !
    I do agree with you Mike, I am actually going to recomend the LT1 as swappable engines to people who want engine swaps performed, they don't have quite the potential as an LS1 engine, but hell, it is a design that originated in 1955, not 1998!!!! I just sold a job for a '67 Camaro this spring to put a LT1 in, hopefully I get this EFI Live program figured out by then

Mike

Lifetime Member

When I fired mine... I was not happy... heads were leaking.. Then again.. it was not EFI connection's fault.. LOL...

heads are being shipped to me NEW, finally.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    When I fired mine... I was not happy... heads were leaking.. Then again.. it was not EFI connection's fault.. LOL...

heads are being shipped to me NEW, finally.

Man that sucks, I have been there and done that. I once installed a set of reman. heads on a 6.2 GM Diesel and when I filled the cooling system I discovered coolant pouring out between the block and heads. Found out that the reman. head had been decked incorrectly causing my grief. It sucks to pull a head on a 6.2 @$25 hour warranty rate instead of the normal $75!!!!

Good luck, the wait will be worth it!!!

Mike

Lifetime Member

I know it will.. specially with this ECU for the LS1. The LS1 PCM is so powerful, I am extremely happy.

Drive-by-Wire is now available for TPI and LT1. Uses LS1/LS6 Corvette equipment...with a LS1/LS6 Corvette throttle body as a core. 52mm shown on the intake and video, 58mm to the right, and mono-blade available. Throttle bodies shown are prototype, production have breather and vacuum.

Click Here for 16mb Video

Benefits:
    - integrated cruise control (no vacuum operated cruise)
    - may offer better idle for larger camshaft applications
    - less cluttered engine bay

Most f-body owners will prefer to stick with cable driven throttle. And why not? Everything is already there. Most of our work has been for engine swappers (street rods, classic trucks, etc), so this throttle body was not exactly intended for the f-body, but there have already been a few showing interest.
    24x LS1 PCM on Early Small-Block Chevy and LT1/LT4
    http://www.eficonnection.com

Lifetime Member

Can we have special engraving on the top plate???

ETC with LS1 PCM?

Stuff like that???

Mike,
    I have to say that you amaze me every time you post something new. I am glad to see that you are taking the time and energy to keep the 'old' engines up and going with the latest and greatest technology!!!!

What's next, varible valve timing LOL!!!!

Keep up the good work!!!

Mike

This has all come a long way since the initial development began about this time last year.

Our achievements have been...
    - 24x crank reluctor for single row timing chain
    - 24x crank reluctor for double row timing chain
    - Cast aluminum sealed cap for Vortec distributor
    - 1x camshaft reluctor and sensor housing for LT1/LT4 engines
    - Electronic throttle bodies (52mm, 58mm, mono-blade) for TPI/LT1 intake manifolds

The newest addition to the line up, electronic throttle for TPI/LT1, makes for a modern look of the TPI.

24x LS1 PCM on Early Small-Block Chevy and LT1/LT4
    http://www.eficonnection.com

Quote Originally Posted by S10Wildside View Post
    This has all come a long way since the initial development began about this time last year.

Our achievements have been...
    - 24x crank reluctor for single row timing chain
    - 24x crank reluctor for double row timing chain
    - Cast aluminum sealed cap for Vortec distributor
    - 1x camshaft reluctor and sensor housing for LT1/LT4 engines
    - Electronic throttle bodies (52mm, 58mm, mono-blade) for TPI/LT1 intake manifolds

The newest addition to the line up, electronic throttle for TPI/LT1, makes for a modern look of the TPI.
    I like it, I like it!!!
    That looks sweet!!!

Mike

Default Another Successful Conversion!

My friend recently purchased the kit (minus the harness) and we just finished installing it yesterday on a 93 Formula that's had a lifetime of Opti issues. I threw together a tune file with a combination of 2 files that Mike provided. It fired on the first try! So far we are very pleased with how things have turned out.

Now we're just waiting for my dyno to arrive to see how much is left in the tune! Fun stuff!

Nice job Mike!

-Brad

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast