Hey guys,
I've got a truck that I'm trying to tune for a buddy of mine. It's a 99 with the 5.3L engine. I'm having trouble finding the proper PID to monitor spark on the high and low octane timing tables. I've selected the PID's that it specifies in the link around the chart and still it won't show the correct info across the chart when I'm recording a log. Basically the highlighted cell stays in the farthest right hand column and only goes up and down in that column, it won't actually start at one side and work across as the throttle position changes....is it because I don't have a wideband sensor/commander?

Also, we have experimented with timing a little on the motor anyhow and it runs pretty good, when the truck hits 60-70 mph and 4,000 rpm or so on the tach it's like the truck gets a shot of nitrous because it'll set you back pretty good suddenly....but the knock retard jumps up when it happens too. Is the surge in power because of too much timing? I'd post a log but I can't log timing as mentioned above. Thanks for any help you can give me guys!