Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EFILive and Banks Ottomind6

Default EFILive and Banks Ottomind6

I remember reading somewhere, maybe, that I should remove my in line tuner, like the Banks Ottomind, before I use EFILive to tune my PCM. I've tried searching but came up empty. I can't remember if I read it here, or somewhere else.
    So my question is, do I need to remove my Banks Ottomind everytime I need to tune my truck or is it ok to leave the box plugged into the engine harnesses while I tune the truck?
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Lifetime Member

Personally if I were using EFILive Id have no reason for an inline tuning module. Why are you using both, that might not be such a good idea as the inline modules trick the ECM/TCMs signals to make power and if you're actually modding the ECM tables, Im just thinking out loud here but that might be a recipe for disaster... I dont know for sure, but I would use one or the other IMO.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I had the Ottomind before I got the EFILive. I'm mainly using EFILive with...uhhh...uhhh...well, something fell off a few days ago.

I'm running a stock tune right now with EFI and using the Ottomind for power changes.

Thanks!
    Ronnie

Lifetime Member

Ah, I gotcha man. That "missing" part might be some diesel filter right?

Well since you've invested the $$ in EFILive, when you get the time to learn how to really tune your Dmax it will make more power than your Ottomind can but I guess until then Id keep the Ottomind in.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

so...would you say it's safe to leave the Ottomind plugged in when I flash my truck with EFI?
    when I flashed the truck for that thing that fell off, I unplugged the Ottomind completely, to be safe. needless to say, it was a PITA. i'm getting ready to do some EGR stuff with EFI and would like to flash without removing the Ottomind.

(as I get more time, I will start playing with EFI tuning. )

thanks,
    Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Schweinmesser View Post
    so...would you say it's safe to leave the Ottomind plugged in when I flash my truck with EFI?
    when I flashed the truck for that thing that fell off, I unplugged the Ottomind completely, to be safe. needless to say, it was a PITA. i'm getting ready to do some EGR stuff with EFI and would like to flash without removing the Ottomind.

(as I get more time, I will start playing with EFI tuning. )

thanks,
    Ronnie
    personally, i would sell your banks.

efi is all you need.

I assume that you have a lmm, so start with the dpf regen, and egr.
    03 single cab work truck LB7- 11.95 @ 113
    06 crew cab lowered Colorado.

Do not know with banks sppecifically but when I first got EFI I was using an edge inline tuner and it would cause problems with the data transfer to and from the engine ecu. If I were you, I would disconnect the banks system before trying to retrieve stock files or upload your own. And yes be careful about what you modify with efi as you cannot know what banks modified, cuz we all know they're not going to tell us.

Quote Originally Posted by roadkill81304 View Post
    Do not know with banks sppecifically but when I first got EFI I was using an edge inline tuner and it would cause problems with the data transfer to and from the engine ecu. If I were you, I would disconnect the banks system before trying to retrieve stock files or upload your own. And yes be careful about what you modify with efi as you cannot know what banks modified, cuz we all know they're not going to tell us.
    You can read the banks tunes with efi...
    03 single cab work truck LB7- 11.95 @ 113
    06 crew cab lowered Colorado.

I thought Banks was an intercept or inline which doesn't change anything in the ECM. I can understand that an inline might give you comms trouble when trying to read/write to the ECM.

To be frank, my ECM was already tuned with the Banks still connected. It was tuned only for the speed limit and the fuel tank, no engine tunes. They seemed to have taken. I did make a backup of my stock tune with no Banks connected.

Thanks!
    Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Schweinmesser View Post
    I had the Ottomind before I got the EFILive. I'm mainly using EFILive with...uhhh...uhhh...well, something fell off a few days ago.

I'm running a stock tune right now with EFI and using the Ottomind for power changes.

Thanks!
    Ronnie
    You have things falling off your truck?

This I think would get tricky to the point that every time you down load you would need to make sure you where in the same tune leave right? I would also say sell the Banks and loose the on the fly for a all around better tuner.

Hey question....since Banks claim to fame is the cleanest LMM tuner.....what does she put out for smoke on the different tunes now that there is no filter to catch it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast