Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who can find the problem?

Default Who can find the problem?

ok, here is the tune and here is a log, fuel will jump up to 100psi at max boost and i can now predict where and when it will bog up so i adjust the WOT and try not to allow it to bog up.
    hope there is a doctor in the house?
    Attached Files Attached Files

a good example is to start at frame 2947 and watch how it will surge and it feels like the e-brake is applied i kept it to the floor for a bit and you can see when i let off

strange, i must be asking all the wrong questions.
    i need to prove that it is not a belt issue so i will use a white paint marker and place an indicator line across the side of the belt & pully and run it hard then see if the indicator line can be matched up again, i think this should prove if there is a belt issue

Sorry John, I'm not a mechanical guy...
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

It looks to me like you hit a limp mode & can not get past a certain limit. I notice that the mil & processing for P1514 are turned off & wonder if you are triggering this in the pcm & are unable to see it.
    Some wideband data would be good to see if maybe the engine is getting flooded out also.
    The Tremor at AIR

so you CAN see a problem where the rpms max out at wot , well any and all help from this forum is why i enjoy the time i spend here. thanks

Hi JOHNGEAR,

hmmm... I see where rpm's peg out (and TP is WOT)...

What is your motor and what are all your mods...?

What is max boost, and tell us more about your FPR...?

What injectors do you have (what size)...?

How did you take that log (on the street)...?

Some comments (I don't know that they will help):
    - if your FPR has a non 1:1 pressure curve, then you don't know the IFR (a 1:1 FPR would be better),
    - your IFR table looks low,
    - it's hard to tune for boost without a COS; you have OS 12212156 which allows you to easily jump into COS3 or COS5,
    - I would set P1514 to MIL in C6002 (No MIL might cause the "test" to always fail, regardless of C6001 (see my next comment)),
    - I would set P1514 to 1 Trip in C6001 (as suggested by 5.7ute above).

Yes, log wideband AFR.

Some good points there Joe. I am going off the assumption that this is an etc vehicle as the predicted airflow tables are populated. These limits are being exceeded at the time the problem is evident so may be the cause. Unfortunately we all know where assumptions can get us.
    The Tremor at AIR

G'day Mick,

The ETC sanity tables work together, I'm not sure how... but they may also kick in with non-ETC, but I'm not sure if/how.

I agree with you, either the limits are exceeding... or the "test" defaults to failed...

i.e. I'm assuming it works like the OBD-II readiness tests where you need both the MIL enabled for the DTC and the DTC set to "Not Reported" to get the readiness monitor to say "Ready" without actually running the test... if the MIL is disabled then the readiness monitor always says "Not Ready"...

yeah, we know where our assumptions will get us... ...and sometimes we get lucky...

Cheers
    Joe
    Last edited by joecar; November 17th, 2008 at 01:06 PM.

thank you for your intrest,
    some things you may need to know:
    1996 K1500
    all stock 5.7 stock injectors(19lbs i do belive)
    350000 + kms
    all logs are done on the street and in traffic
    max boost = 6lbs (have not quite reached it yet)

i can get it to 5000 rpms without any problems when not in gear(have to watch it cause it climbs fast)
    i wonder if it is a tranny issue (i tell you it is like 1st and reverse are activated at the same time when i have this issue at WOT but not when at part throttle)

oh the tranny(4L60E)was rebuilt with a 2000 stall,B&M shift kit/2-3 servo,corvett 4th servo,larger clutch and bands, output shaft from the SS truck(hardened shaft) ,,,that is it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast