Thread: ** New Member **

Default ** New Member **

Hows it going guys, everyone calls me Nemo. Im on several forum boards and drive a 04.5 LLY Duramax. I have a PPE hot+2 ET at the moment and want EFI Live but would like to learn as much as I can about EFI, maybe start using it myself on my truck... I will mostly be lurking around the site.

-Nemo
    2004.5 LLY Duramax, Compounds, EFILive, EvolvedMS.com 50" Trac Bars, DDP Injectors, PPE Pump, 4" turbo back exhaust, 6" Chrome Stack,
    ATS Trans w/ Triple Loc.

Evolved M.S, LLC & SS Diesel Tuning

Nemo, welcome to the forum...

You can download the 7.5 software from here:
    http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...=48&Itemid=124

Without the cable/hardware you can still view log files and view/edit tune files (there's sample files under the bin and logs folders under My Documents\EFILive\V7.5, or any log/tun file that you find)... you just can't log or flash without the cable/hardware.

Cheers,
    Joe

Which do I get tuning licenses, Stream Licenses, EFILive V4 Licenses, or do I need all of them?

-Nemo
    Last edited by Nemo; November 16th, 2008 at 10:38 AM.
    2004.5 LLY Duramax, Compounds, EFILive, EvolvedMS.com 50" Trac Bars, DDP Injectors, PPE Pump, 4" turbo back exhaust, 6" Chrome Stack,
    ATS Trans w/ Triple Loc.

What Exactly do I need to buy so I can start tuning my LLY Duramax?

-Nemo
    ATS Trans w/ Triple Loc.

Lifetime Member

You need either:
    A FlashScan V1 Personal (if you want to use one of the DSP custom OSs you need to get commercial)
    OR
    A FlashScan V2 Scan & Tune.

The biggest differences are V2s are field upgradeable and will soon allow for standalone flashing and reading of ECM, TCM, and PCMs so you dont need to carry a laptop around. Also V2s have more inputs.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    You need either:
    A FlashScan V1 Personal (if you want to use one of the DSP custom OSs you need to get commercial)
    OR
    A FlashScan V2 Scan & Tune.

The biggest differences are V2s are field upgradeable and will soon allow for standalone flashing and reading of ECM, TCM, and PCMs so you dont need to carry a laptop around. Also V2s have more inputs.
    Ok, so the V2s is the way to go than. lol thank you for leavin' a differance between the V1 and V2s...

-Nemo
    ATS Trans w/ Triple Loc.

Default Welcome my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Hows it going guys, everyone calls me Nemo. Im on several forum boards and drive a 04.5 LLY Duramax. I have a PPE hot+2 ET at the moment and want EFI Live but would like to learn as much as I can about EFI, maybe start using it myself on my truck... I will mostly be lurking around the site.

-Nemo
    Welcome my friend!

I'm sure you'll find this site VERY friendly and informative....A really good bunch of guys here....

VERY different from those other tuning sites.

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Ok, so the V2s is the way to go than. lol thank you for leavin' a differance between the V1 and V2s...

-Nemo
    No problem, if you look on the main EFILive.com website (not the forum) theres a good description of each one. I would highly recommend spending the extra $$ up front for a V2, but thats my personal opinion as I cant wait for BBF (standalone flashing).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.